Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Mirage Activa LT mask discontinued.
Mirage Activa LT mask discontinued.
(If this is the wrong place to post this, please remove or move. Thank you.)

I don't know how many still use ResMed's Mirage Active LT's CPAP mask, but I have learned from ResMed it's been discontinued.

Their response to my query was:

The ResMed Mirage Activa LT mask is no longer available from our stores and online shop. We only offer the latest ResMed masks at the moment like the AirFit F20 and the ResMed Quattro mask.
UNQUOTE

I have tried many other masks, including those mentioned ones, but this one is the only one that has worked consistently for me.

Not only is it an expensive exercise to try new masks, but when they don't handle pressure or leak (as has been my experience,) then they become a real issue.

I would not be surprised if others have had similar experiences.

I have registered my protest with ResMed and asked them to reconsider.

If anyone else feels they have not found an viable alternative, I'd strongly recommend doing the same on their website.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mirage Activa LT mask discontinued.
Just trying to help I found a supplier that says they have it in stock, no mention discontinued search for it check you know say The "fixed pressure" you need to shop. They seem to have it for $89. Trying to avoid the odd rules pointing to helpful pages. Alternatively google "Mirage Activa LT" that's all I did." I believe its #14 on Supplier list here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing on the Resmed site suggests this mask is, or will be discontinued. Many suppliers offer the mask. You may want to look into a different supplier for your needs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mirage Activa LT Nasal mask discontinued.
I purchased my Mirage Activa LT just over 3 years ago.

It developed a small rip in the rubber right at the top.

I have tried a few methods of fixing it, as I get angry when I find that the mask that I am happy with is no longer widely available.

What is available from Australian sources is too much $$$$, especially as I am a pensioner.

However, after a bit of trial and error, I have found a repair that works.

First, I tried inserting a small piece of folded paper towel at the top where the rip is.

It worked OK, but gradually fell out during the night.

Then, I got the needle and thread to secure the paper towel.....better, but still some leakage.

Then, I wrapped the top of the mask with Glad Wrap.....better again but not perfect as there was small but noticeable leakage.

Then, I remembered that I had some Permatex contact glue(any brand will do I am sure) on hand.

Not much is needed.

It takes about 2/3 hours for the solvent to evaporate, and remains flexible enough even when set.

End result.....PERFECT.

Cost.....almost nothing.

SC*^W Resmed.  Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard the story about the discontinuance of ResMed's Mirage Activa LT mask many times -- mostly from DMEs trying to move me into newer masks -- which I suspect receive a bonus to promote.

I just received another order containing the mask and the cushions. I have no reason to believe the mask was discontinued or that spare parts are unavailable.

This is a popular mask -- and my go-to mask for comfort and minimum leaks.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for this information.

However, I am noticing some difficulty in finding this mask from the regular Australian suppliers.

I could buy from USA suppliers, but the extra postage is excessive for a "one off" order.

Furthermore, not all USA suppliers seem willing to post to Australia.

Sometimes, we are treated as if we are the equivalent to some ""s^#thole" countries"".
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2022, 11:52 PM)at ease Wrote: Thank you for this information.

However, I am noticing some difficulty in finding this mask from the regular Australian suppliers.

I could buy from USA suppliers, but the extra postage is excessive for a "one off" order.

Furthermore, not all USA suppliers seem willing to post to  Australia.

Sometimes, we are treated as if we are the equivalent to some ""s^#thole" countries"".

I am always amazed at the costs of devices and supplies in Australia. Now with the lockdowns, my Oz friends are telling me that it has never been this bad.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fitlife mask discontinued? Airbear737 5 1,654 12-10-2023, 08:03 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Any recommendations for discontinued mask? Nancykimt 9 960 10-12-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Nancykimt
  Mirage FX Vs Eson 2 mask jblkiller 0 467 07-27-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: jblkiller
Question ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV Discontinued? markgable 4 1,651 07-05-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 477 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.