Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamWear nasal Cushion air vent makes a high pitch whistle noise
DreamWear nasal Cushion air vent makes a high pitch whistle noise
I just got a Respironics DreamWear nasal Cushion . THe air vent on the mask sometimes makes a very high pitch whistle noise. I can cover the air slit with my finger and it stops. I pull out the 2 ends away from my face and invert it some and it stops it for a while. I love the mask if not for that. Has anyone else had this problem ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamWear nasal Cushion air vent makes a high pitch whistle noise
It may be caused by water droplets near the vent holes. My solution is just flick it with your finger a few times to help displace the water drops and that usually takes care of it. I pull it out a bit while it’s still on my face and flick it.
Post Reply Post Reply
What Nightynite said. I've had this happen from water building up. Do you have a heated hose? That can help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks , Ill try that. No, I dont have a heated hose. I suffered all winter in temps in my home down to 45 degrees. The DME only had luna 2s in that dont support a heated hose. I had never used cpap and didnt know how critical a heated hose was for me or i would have waited months for a nother maching. Medicare will only get  you a new maching every 5 years .The DME said they are going to try and get me a heated hose by next fall but i dont know if thats possible with the luna. Wonder if there just talking   AS my sleep doctor said they should get me a nother maching in 3 months from my start date which is may 1st. or medacare wont pay for it . They wouldnt do it. they said d there working on getting me a heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Watertrails- Go on Amazon and get a ( cpap hose cover) you can get one for $10.  It will insulate your hose and cut down on the inside moisture.  I use one and it works fine, I don’t have a heated hose either.
Post Reply Post Reply
I super good insulated it ( thick rubber pipe insulation )  and most of it is was kept  under my bed covers also.. When its about 60 degrees in the house now ,  I am fine with no heated hose.. (unless  condensation is causing the air vents whisle noise ) But at 45 degrees inside, the cold air itself going into the maching and then blowing in my nose and throat was just misurable. I could just have the humidity on 1 or water would be dripping int the mask, So the air itself was still very cold. even before it went through the tubing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, the warm air from your lungs hitting the cold air from your home is causing the condensation in the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, ok. You can buy a hose cover that goes over any hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I meant nose cushion not hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all, I think it was from condensation. Its been warm the last few nights  and i had no whisles.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 693 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,260 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 88 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.