Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Monitoring Software
Monitoring Software
HI, I'm new to the board. I found this while researching info about changing CPAP settings. I've had lots of sleepiness lately in spite of daily use of the CPAP. My wife also indicates I occasionally snore while using the CPAP, especially when on my back and that the CPAP gets really noisy when I'm on my back.
After learning how to change settings last night, I've learned that my 7-day AHI is 6.8 and my 30-day AHI is 9.6. That convinced me to download the SleepyHead software in order to monitor my data and solicit advice here. Unfortunately, my RemStar ProM series (2008 vintage) doesn't have an SD card; only the smart card.
Is there a software package that works on a Mac that can read the smartcards used in my CPAP?
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Monitoring Software
Hi aehjr,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you in fine tuning your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
No, you'll need their proprietary card reader. They are sometimes found on eBay.

How long have you had this machine? Do you have medical insurance? If you do and it's been longer than 6 yrs (or if you bought the first out of pocket), you can get a new machine.

Avoid any Respironics with the word "Plus" in the name or any ResMed with the word "Escape" in the name. These machines do not report any data other than compliance.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2012, 12:04 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: How long have you had this machine? Do you have medical insurance? If you do and it's been longer than 6 yrs (or if you bought the first out of pocket), you can get a new machine.

Thank you. I'll see if I can find a card reader on eBay.
I have insurance and was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2008; the fatigue and sleepiness issues are relatively new (last six-eight months).
Post Reply Post Reply
Four years seems to be about right for stuff to start changing.

Since you can read the AHI on the screen, you could just make the changes without the detailed data.

Bump up the pressure by 1/2 to 1 point then wait at least a week. Monitor the AHI. If it improves (as do the other signs your wife is giving you), then you're on the right track. You could continue doing this, about a week to ten days between changes, until you get the AHI under control.

Write down the changes as well as the results of each day so you have a record of it. Stuff gets forgotten far too easily.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #26 got the smart card reader $40
Supplier #1 have the smart card reader and Encore viewer software package $109
Encore software works with windows computers. maybe someone can help you obtain Encore Basic which might works with M series
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

SleepyHead works with windows and Mac computers and support system one machines ... don,t work with M series machines
Post Reply Post Reply
They're that easy to get? Oh, wait, is it the ResMed one that is so difficult to find?

I get cornfuzed.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Just to be clear, even with the right card reader, there is no software that works on Macs for your M series machine.

Even running parallels or other ways to run Windows software on a mac, I doubt you'll get the card reader to work. Bootcamp might work, but no promises.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
aehjr--Along with what others have written, I noticed your reference to your wife telling you your CPAP gets really noisy when you're on your back. My guess is that it's your mask that's making all the noise, rather than the machine itself. If this is so, you need to work on reducing mask leaks. Not only does leakage irritate your spouse, it also reduces the machine's ability to accurately record AHI numbers. I've found (and I know I'm not the only one) that when I've reduced mask leaks, my AHI has come down.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2012, 04:42 PM)Dawei Wrote: aehjr--Along with what others have written, I noticed your reference to your wife telling you your CPAP gets really noisy when you're on your back. My guess is that it's your mask that's making all the noise, rather than the machine itself. If this is so, you need to work on reducing mask leaks. Not only does leakage irritate your spouse, it also reduces the machine's ability to accurately record AHI numbers. I've found (and I know I'm not the only one) that when I've reduced mask leaks, my AHI has come down.

Thanks. I just got a new replacement mask and started using it last night. The harness seemed to be slightly different than before and the mask seemed to seal much better. Less air on my face. I upped the pressure by 0.5 Hg and will monitor the numbers to see what changes. That being said, she complained that the machine was louder with the new setting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,124 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Diagnosis] Need help with Pulse Oximetry monitoring results NickAsleepPol 1 438 11-14-2023, 05:14 AM
Last Post: NickAsleepPol
  Would like to add Pulse Oximetry to my monitoring Boreas 3 590 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Boreas
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 382 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 585 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,079 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.