Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

whining air noise from Resmed airsense 10 auto
RE: whining air noise from Resmed airsense 10 auto
(09-27-2015, 07:08 AM)Abecker Wrote: Hi all,
I am two weeks in with the Resmed Airsense 10. Switched to nasal pillows after a miserable 4 days with the FF mask and I'm liking them much better. Working it the best I can because I feel it is helping. But the whining with my inhalation began a few nights ago and is cutting in to my progress. Grateful for this forum and I can see how it could be coming from around the water container. Still, I don't see any clear cut solutions....aside from trying to fit it in the machine more tightly (?), and asking for another machine. Am I missing something?
a
hi Abecker,
yes, this forum saved my sanity. its great!
The whiney noise on inhalation is surprisingly common - now that I've been in contact other forum members.
I am doing a preventative gentle reseat of the seals inside my water tank when I fill the tank and this is about 80% (rough est) successful in preventing the whine from occurring for the whole night.
However, it should be noted that the hire machine I had for 2 months never ever did this once!!! So that suggests that some seals or tanks or seal/tank combos are better fitted than others.
try the reseating - but perhaps get a replacement tank while the machine is under warranty.
I'm still pondering whether to do this.
cheers
bunter
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,
I've had this issue since new in April, 2015 and find that simply pushing the water tank in with sufficient pressure will stop the noise. It's a little disconcerting that others are having the same issue and it would be nice to think that Resmed will address the problem but in the meantime returning the unit may be the best option to ensure that Resmed do get the message that there is an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Texting with a respiratory therapist... "the design Flaw was in the water chamber, the gasket leaked. It's been fixed." I was also able to find a posting on the web stating that this was limited to a run around maybe March and is covered under warranty, but can't find that link right now. I think the key here is talk to your DME as it's a known issue with a known solution and you don't have to live with it. This may be the deciding factor between the A10 and S9 for me...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I also have a Airsense 10 elite. The humidifier tank started making that same noise about 2 months after purchase. A poor design considering the price. I didn't like the way it made me feel in morning anyway, so turned it off for a few weeks(empty) and taped the latch together tight. Once i was happy, I then purchased the OEM end panel (approx $30 au. cpap victoria),I an got rid of the dehumidifier. Best sleep in a long time. AHI of less than 1 per hour.
If you want to keep it take it back under warranty. very common problem.

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
It's disappointing that a large company like ResMed knows of this design flaw and does nothing!
They could at least send out a notice with an offer to replace water chamber.

Oh wait, that would cost them $.

Better to let the customer deal with the problem and hope they don't complain.
Confused
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find the noise occurs only with the dishwasher safe tub that I bought. I have tried exchanging the silicon gasket with the one from my standard tub but the noise remains. This makes me suspect that it is not the problem of the seal or gasket but rather how the top and bottom of the tub fits together. I haven't found a solution as the noise can start in the middle of the night. So the dishwasher safe one is in the cupboard.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what.
(Professor Sir Arthur Eddington, astrophysicist)
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the link where this is discussed as a limited time production flaw

https://www.reddit.com/r/SleepApnea/comm..._making_a/
Post Reply Post Reply
Warranty info from the Resmed site: http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/sup...ducts.html

Mask systems (including mask frame, cushion, headgear and tubing)—excluding single-use devices
Accessories—excluding single-use devices
Flex-type finger pulse sensors
Humidifier water tubs

90 days

Mine has done it a 2nd time, simply re-seated again. I think I would go to my DME if problem persisted and I was past 90 days.

I bought a Responics "super duper III" chinstrap from them that was failing and they replaced it NC. My insurance allows 1 per 6 months and I explained that after 1 washing (at about 5 weeks) it was obviously not going to make 6 months.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a new replacement A10 Auto due to noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2015, 05:57 PM)ginzo Wrote: Welcome from FL.

Got mine in July/2015. It has done it once so far, I just unseated and then re-seated the tank. Hasn't happened again.

I have to seat, and unseat mine just about every night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 350 30 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,716 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,258 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,594 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 87 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,763 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.