Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Most nights periods of hight AHI
Looking at the graphs I find that most nights I get a period of high AHI.
I mainly sleep all night on my back as I get sore shoulders on my side.
Can anyone suggest how I can get the AHI down in these periods?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The bunch that you have at about 430 looks like it may me SWJ or Sleep, Wake, Junk, ignore it, very common. Otherwise you are looking pretty good. I counted 15 events over 6 hours or about a 2.5 AHI.

Since you are running with a fixed CPAP pressure of 13 cmH2O we will not see a pressure response like we would if you were in Auto mode, but the general rule is to raise pressure to reduce H and OA events.

Again that cluster of events when you were falling asleep needs to be ignored.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are bed toppers which may accommodate you hips better. A supportive wedge pillow (ex Therapedic reading wedge) at your back can help too - the edge can be positioned partially underneath your torso to help cushion it.

Please organize your SleeyHead screenshots like this.
I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Bruce, why are you using CPAP mode rather than auto? I see parts of the night where you would benefit from more pressure, and others where less might be better. I think you'd do better on APAP at 11-15 pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started of with a machine on full auto for 2 weeks and it slowly went down from AHI 26  down to the best night of 5.20.
The next 2 weeks I went on to manual and immediately my AHI was below 5 except for a very restless night that was 6.
One night my AHI was down to 0.9.  I tried auto between 10 and 13 but was not as successful as the fixed pressure.
I would like a lower pressure as my mouth does not get dry at 10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask Trial Periods FozzyDaBear 5 160 09-28-2017, 07:52 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Open mouth last few nights mogulman 4 226 09-26-2017, 05:23 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  3 Nights in…Need Settings Advice bnephew 19 793 09-26-2017, 09:48 AM
Last Post: bnephew
  First nights Data. Do I even have apnea?? Galgenstrick 10 517 05-26-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Galgenstrick
  First full nights sleep! DannyG 2 316 05-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Last Post: pupcamper
  First two nights using CPAP, starting a 63 elitheelephant 12 689 05-17-2017, 11:20 AM
Last Post: elitheelephant
  4 Nights of data, am I on the right path? bigpapa7272 2 343 02-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider