Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Most nights periods of hight AHI
Most nights periods of hight AHI
Looking at the graphs I find that most nights I get a period of high AHI.
I mainly sleep all night on my back as I get sore shoulders on my side.
Can anyone suggest how I can get the AHI down in these periods?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Most nights periods of hight AHI
The bunch that you have at about 430 looks like it may me SWJ or Sleep, Wake, Junk, ignore it, very common. Otherwise you are looking pretty good. I counted 15 events over 6 hours or about a 2.5 AHI.

Since you are running with a fixed CPAP pressure of 13 cmH2O we will not see a pressure response like we would if you were in Auto mode, but the general rule is to raise pressure to reduce H and OA events.

Again that cluster of events when you were falling asleep needs to be ignored.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are bed toppers which may accommodate you hips better. A supportive wedge pillow (ex Therapedic reading wedge) at your back can help too - the edge can be positioned partially underneath your torso to help cushion it.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Bruce, why are you using CPAP mode rather than auto? I see parts of the night where you would benefit from more pressure, and others where less might be better. I think you'd do better on APAP at 11-15 pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started of with a machine on full auto for 2 weeks and it slowly went down from AHI 26  down to the best night of 5.20.
The next 2 weeks I went on to manual and immediately my AHI was below 5 except for a very restless night that was 6.
One night my AHI was down to 0.9.  I tried auto between 10 and 13 but was not as successful as the fixed pressure.
I would like a lower pressure as my mouth does not get dry at 10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First 2 nights Narcil 0 41 10 hours ago
Last Post: Narcil
  A Tale of Two Nights Everlong 0 75 04-08-2024, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Everlong
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 320 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 233 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 319 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 261 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 481 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.