Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] My Brick Report
My Brick Report
Being a stranger to this forum until last week, I didn't understand some of the finer aspects of the CPAP world and bought a ResMed AirStart 10 in December. I've been very happy with it until I got on this forum and discovered it is a "brick".  I understand that its recording is minimal compared to non-brick models, but thought AHI was one of the minimal details.  I finally downloaded SleepyHead and ran a report. Interesting. It shows the day I started using it and the day I turned on EPR )thanks to this forum) and the fact that I have a fixed pressure of 10 psi.  However, for AHI, I only have zero. Can I assume a really good a really good CPAP experience from that?
When I selected Daily stats, SleepyHead gave me a big unhappy face and taunted "BRICK" to me.  LOL
Speaking of EPR, my choices were 1,2 or 3 for level.  The report shows 10 (cm/H2O) with EPR of 2(cm/H20) at an EPR level of 2.  The ramp starts at 4 cm/H2O.  Comments?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Brick Report
I would go by the AHI your machine has under sleep report.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you purchase that machine on your own or was it through insurance? I read in one of your posts that you were on Medicare, but no DME???

This is what I would do is call your Insurance and obtain a list of DME's that they contract with. You will need a copy of your prescription.
Then have Medicare pay for a decent machine that is data capable.

Keep the AirStart as a backup.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Other than the first Bi-Pap about 16 years ago that I got pre-Medicare via Keene, subsequent CPAPs have been self purchased as backups. Although my original Respironics RemStar Pro with C-Flex and SmartCard was the only fully compliant device, it has become the backup and resides in the RV where putting it in the closet prevents its Darth Vader sound from disturbing my wife. The SmartCard means I would have to take it to a Sleep Clinic for reports anyway. I am happier not dealing with a DME as I found that a frustrating loss of control and shockingly expensive even with my insurance reluctantly paying for it.
My second CPAP was a small model from Puritan Bennett and has no recording media, so I am actually happy with the AirStart 10 providing information. My only question is concerning the AHI of zero and does it mean a good experience or does it mean the AirStart is not providing that info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead does not report on the AHI data in a "brick" machine, even though the data is on the SD card.  I found this out when looking at data for an Airsense 10 CPAP, which is also a brick.  ResScan did report the AHI data for that machine.

So if ResScan supports your machine (someone else can answer that, but I would hope it would), you should be able to get an AHI report that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you look under Sleep Report on the machine display as Walla Walla suggested above?

Other than that, you would only be able to retrieve basic compliance data from the SD card, and I don’t know if that includes AHI.

I know you are content with this machine, and that’s ok as long as you feel good with it.

Some folk don’t care if they see their data or not, and don’t want to analyze it, but at some point down the road, you will be asking for advice on your “Cpap experience” as you stated in your post and we won’t be able to advise without seeing some data.  You can only go by how you feel.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2018, 10:58 AM)BlueDragon75 Wrote: Sleepyhead does not report on the AHI data in a "brick" machine, even though the data is on the SD card.  I found this out when looking at data for an Airsense 10 CPAP, which is also a brick.  ResScan did report the AHI data for that machine.

So if ResScan supports your machine (someone else can answer that, but I would hope it would), you should be able to get an AHI report that way.

Ah, thank you!  And I see that as a shortcoming for Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2018, 10:58 AM)BlueDragon75 Wrote: Sleepyhead does not report on the AHI data in a "brick" machine, even though the data is on the SD card.  I found this out when looking at data for an Airsense 10 CPAP, which is also a brick.  ResScan did report the AHI data for that machine.

And there is the problem. It appears that I need to be in the medical field to download ResScan.  Is there a work around or alternative?
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to the private files section for members. You can download it there.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Does the Airstart report AHI on the machine at all? The user manual only depicts a report with hours used and mask seal. Not reporting AHI doesn't seem like a Sleepyhead issue if that is the case.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,396 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.