Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] My Cpap Was Never Titrated
RE: My Cpap Was Never Titrated
Hey SleepRider,

I just got through to my old sleep lab. And I just figured out, through all of the members help, that my machine has an Autoset function that it's set too. To reiterate a reply I just posted:

Two thing's I figured out in the last hour:

[A] My donated ResMed AutoSet II EPR is set to "Autoset" not CPAP.

[B] The Sleep lab told me my prescribed numbers were Low 5 and High 20

***I just got into the clinical menu and made the changes Myself***

The settling time is 20 minutes......Anything else I should know before I try using it tonight? I have new filters, new hose, fresh pillow mask.....Oh my but I hope everyone says got for it!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds pretty good. The S8 Autoset can provide very good therapy, and is similar to the M-series auto I used to use. The biggest problem is that it's difficult to access the efficacy data that gives you a snapshot of how effective the treatment is, and whether you need to make changes. The most common change for an autoset is to increase the minimum pressure. If you're interested in something new, see my previous comments.

The 20 minutes is for ramp. I would suggest you just turn off ramp. With the autoset at 5-20 you don't need it. Ramp is to help people adjust to higher pressure but yours is already set near the minimum. Good luck, and hope you get a great nights sleep.

Since you got in touch with your sleep clinic, be sure to get a printed copy of that study for your records. It will come in handy in the future since it can continue to provide evidence of your sleep apnea. You don't need a new study.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepRider,

I'm going to start using this AutoSet II tonight but it sounds like I should get something else.

May I ask you what Auto machine you would recommend for efficacy?
My mother, bless her soul, offered to buy me a machine last week but I said no.....now I'm going to take her up on the offer. I'd prefer not to have her spend gobs of money.....

I just turned off the ramp/settling function per your adviceThanks

Say, right now I'm googling how to power down the machine.....or is it supposed to stay on all the time?

PS: You Rock!!

Post Reply Post Reply
I think most folks just leave them on.
I do. The only power off is to unplug the machine.

As for a new machine a PR 560 auto aflex.
PR machines are cheaper than RESmeds.
Have a full 2 yr warranty,
And since the " Dream machine" recently replaced them you can find them online with humidifier and heated hose for about 425.00.

Little to no difference bewteen the two machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope the OP got a good night's sleep.

--

My newest machine (approx 3 months) is the PR DreamStation Auto.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should epap = titrated cpap pressure on Bilevel machine? Michaely6 11 2,089 12-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Michaely6
  [News] OSA Patients Benefit from Auto-Titrated CPAP Before Surgery ApneaNews 1 2,799 10-01-2013, 05:42 AM
Last Post: DocWils
Question Just titrated - few questions Paptillian 39 12,696 06-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Last Post: RonWessels

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.