Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] My New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO
My New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO
About a month ago I bought, through my insurance, a new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO with a 4G modem. When I started using it I noticed a slight whining noise when inhaling. The noise faded, but kept coming back. The other night she complained about the noise so the machine had to go back. I hooked up my old A10 and it's whisper quiet.

At the DME's office I demonstrated the noise. He pulled a new one out of the box. Same whining noise. Different lot number. I returned the unit and will probably have to pay about $50, but I did use it for almost a month.

Also, there was an odor in the air coming out of the hose that you can easily notice when you have your mask on and the machine is running. It reminded me of an industrial deodorizer, a sickly sweet smell that reminded me of cherries or maybe apples. Both new machines had that odor. (I double-checked to make sure the odor wasn't coming from the hose, mask, or water tank.)
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO
Sleepster,

There is no smell/odor on my new AirCurve. Check Run Hrs in the Clinitian menu about section.

First thing I did was check run Hrs, mine is 0. Once something was used but to late to fight about a receiving a used machine as a new machine.

I rinsed the humidifier a couple of times incase anything left behind from manufacturing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I watched him take each of the two machines out of the factory packaging. The one I took home had zero run hours. They were both new machines.

(11-07-2022, 02:26 PM)KeepSmiling Wrote: I rinsed the humidifier a couple of times incase anything left behind from manufacturing.

There's no need for that. These are medical supplies.

By the way, does yours have a 4G modem? (If you don't know look at the IC number on the sticker on the back of the machine. See if it ends with 4G).
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepster,

Type 4G, I have modem turned off.

I see no IC number. Bought mine in Canada, don't know if that makes a difference.

I once did not wash a new mask and broke out. I wash them now before they touch my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that Industry Canada does require some registration number, but the one we are looking for here is the FCC ID.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK found it underneath.

Has both a IC and a FCC number. ends -AIR104G
Post Reply Post Reply
Before I had a sleep study and ended up with an AirSense 11, my brother (small, regional DME) had loaned me an AirCurve 10ST.  It exhibited a similar whining noise as I breathed in.  It turned out to be a bad seal of the humidifier to the air pump part of the machine.

I replaced the humidifier with a new one, and the noise went away.  This was a fairly new unit (don't remember the number of hours on it), and I don't think it was anything that I did to it, it just started one day.

Obviously, I don't know if your problem is similar, but it might be good to check the seals as air leaks turns the machines into a harmonica!
Post Reply Post Reply
I used my water tank at home but in the DME's office we used new water tanks. It could be the seals, but I'm not paying for a new machine that already needs new seals.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 299 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,512 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 466 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.