Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSesne 10 AutoSet for Her
AirSesne 10 AutoSet for Her
I was having a chit chat with PaytonA earlier on about "for Her" algorithm, he thought, strange that the "for Her" mode does not treat apnea above 12. I did not want to continue the discussion in the other thread as the thread belong to a new member

Some info from the provider manual:
AutoSet for Her mode is based on key aspects of ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm and delivers therapeutic responses tailored to the characteristics of female OSA patients.
The AutoSet for Her is similar to ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm with the following modifications:
1- Reduced rate of pressure increments designed to help prevent arousals.
2- Slower pressure decays.
3- Treats apneas up to 12 cm H2O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H2O.
4- Minimum pressure (Min. Pressure) that adjusts according to the frequency of apneas:
If two apneas occur within a minute, the pressure reached in response to the second apnea will become the new minimum treatment pressure until the next treatment session
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure about slower pressure increases, you can set the minimum pressure close to titrated/therapeutic pressure and there will not be any sudden or unnecessary pressure increases

I agree with PaytonA comments: That sounds like the exact way that the S8 auto responded because it could not distinguish between OAs and CAs. I would think that the Autoset for Her would respond to all OAs and not respond to CAs all the way to 20 cm/H2O.

So what you think? does it make Sense or no Sense at all

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirSesne 10 AutoSet for Her
It's my understanding after talking with someone very familiar with the algorithm that what they mean is that the for her setting would treat a stand-alone apnea without the presence of flow limitations or snores up to the 12 cm point with an increase in pressure, but after that it would not raise pressure for an apnea unless that apnea was associated with flow limitations and snores. The thinking being that Centrals tend not to be associated with FL and snores like an Obstructive apnea would be. So in essence it will still react to an obstructive apnea after the 12 cm point if that apnea is also associated with FL and vibratory snores. If the apnea is stand alone, even if it's obstructive it will not respond with an increase in pressure if pressure is above 12 cm.

Sort of gets tangled up with semantics a bit because you could state the same response by saying if pressure is above 12 cm it will only respond to FL and snores, but they were saying it would respond to an apnea above the 12 cm point if FL and snores were also present. So it still just sounds to me that it's really just responding to Flow Limitations and Snores when it gets above 12, just like the S8 would do.

I don't see that it would be a big issue though because if you are having obstructive apneas above 12 cm pressure you'll also be having Flow Limitations and, or snores that would increase the pressure anyway. I do know from reading patent applications for the Resmed algorithms that the order of importance in the algorithm that would elicit a pressure increase goes in the following level of importance: Flow Limitations, then Vibratory Snores, then Apneas..........so the real key to the auto algorithm raising pressure is always going to be led by Flow Limitations, and secondly Vibratory Snores, Apneas fall lower in priority at any pressure regardless.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2015, 12:14 AM)under pressure Wrote: I don't see that it would be a big issue though because if you are having obstructive apneas above 12 cm pressure you'll also be having Flow Limitations and, or snores that would increase the pressure anyway. I do know from reading patent applications for the Resmed algorithms that the order of importance in the algorithm that would elicit a pressure increase goes in the following level of importance: Flow Limitations, then Vibratory Snores, then Apneas..........so the real key to the auto algorithm raising pressure is always going to be led by Flow Limitations, and secondly Vibratory Snores, Apneas fall lower in priority at any pressure regardless.

Thanks for the info, under pressure. According to Resmed's logic that makes sense. I maybe the exception but I do have OAs and my pressure is never even close to being under 12. To add to that I almost never have any snore and seldom, if ever, have any flow limitations preceding an OA.

Maybe Resmed's feeling is that females are different in that respect or seldom need therapeutic pressures above 12 cm but I do not know about this.

Thanks again for the feed back.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Advisory Members at their best. Good info.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
AirSesne 10 AutoSet for Her memory chips
I keep losing my memory cards between my computer an air sense 10 cpap machine. I read some where that you have to use ResMed memory cards, but I have found UHS-1 memory cards work well with the machine. They are a lot cheaper.
Post Reply Post Reply
They're not reinventing the wheels, all autoset machines from the S8 onward, respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20

Here is the study http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...S_2014.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk, that is definitely very interesting. Now I can quit losing sleep over Resmed going backwards instead of forwards.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,388 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,865 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 756 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley
  [Equipment] From iBreeze to Autoset 10 kirby4564 12 1,239 10-15-2022, 11:34 AM
Last Post: kirby4564
  Airsense Autoset 11 eroemer 3 709 10-02-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: eroemer
  Autoset 10 repair? Nightynite 8 1,132 06-22-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: cpapuserzzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.