Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] My Nose
My Nose
This is my first post, so hi. :-)
I've been using my cpap for just a little over a month now. I've had pretty good
success thus far.
I have the worst allergies and I'm having lots of discomfort with the inside of my nose.
Some days I want to cry.
Some days the inside of my nose burns, feels raw, hurts to blow and is red and sore.
Before you ask, yes I use nasal moisturizing spray. Yes, I use the humidifier on the cpap.

I figure this is normal and my nose isn't going to fall off but anyone have any tricks or advice to help relieve this discomfort?
I'm finding that I'm removing my mask more than I was.
I have other issues but I'll start with this one first.

Oh, doc says more saline.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Nose
What is your humidifier setting? Is your machine registering leaks and if so how high? Is your mouth dry when you wake up?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
what payton said!

+ xlear (or add xylitol to saline spray)
+ to clear up current soreness while determining cause, see if you can find black seed oil. I got mine from amazon and it is the most fabulous anti-inflammatory soothing stuff ever! put it on in the morning, tho, the volatiles contained in it may breakdown the silicone if it gets on it.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Beekay,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might try one of the sinus rinses, for example, Neomed, before you go to bed and see if that helps.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been playing up and down with the humidity. Some nights 7 is good. Other nights 4 or 5.
I've probably had it on every level.
I've used a neti-pot but my nose doesn't like it.
No leaks..I rarely mouth breath although a few times I have woke in the middle of the night with a dry throat from hell when I've had extreme nasal congestion.
I'll check into all your suggestions and I thank you for them. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2015, 10:56 AM)Beekay Wrote: This is my first post, so hi. :-)
I've been using my cpap for just a little over a month now. I've had pretty good
success thus far.
I have the worst allergies and I'm having lots of discomfort with the inside of my nose.
Some days I want to cry.
Some days the inside of my nose burns, feels raw, hurts to blow and is red and sore.
Before you ask, yes I use nasal moisturizing spray. Yes, I use the humidifier on the cpap.

I figure this is normal and my nose isn't going to fall off but anyone have any tricks or advice to help relieve this discomfort?
I'm finding that I'm removing my mask more than I was.
I have other issues but I'll start with this one first.

Oh, doc says more saline.

I'm with you my friend, had a lot of "sore nose" problems with the nasal pillows mask I started off using. Tried saline, also rubbing a little carmex on my nostrils to help seal and avoid chafing, that was my main problem. I guess I'm just not tolerant of anything rubbing on my nose, hate even wearing glasses sometimes lol. Anyway, a mask that avoids contact with your nose may be what you need, I'm sure some of the knowledgeable members if this forum will have some excellent suggestions. Good luck. Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,811 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 196 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 152 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 646 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.