Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Jumpy n Jittery
Jumpy n Jittery
Just wondering, have been using CPAP for only a couple of weeks. Fell better in some ways and just so-so in other ways. Have gotten used to the mask and using a chin strap I pretty much sleep through the night better than before. When I wake up the first feeling is " gee, feel like I slept good" (which I never had before) so I get up and then feel kind of sluggish.

It's really weird I feel like I have less energy and less ambition to do things and find myself yanning through out the day but I feel more alert, not as foggy and not wanting to go to bed as early as before.

The other thing is I feel somewhat jumpy and jittery. I'm not on any medication except Allegra D which I always take so I don't think it's
that.

I have a new sleep study coming up this week so that will probably show something.
Thanks,
Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Jumpy n Jittery
Hi Ed - welcome to Apnea Board!

That's somewhat normal for brand-new CPAP users. The "WOW, I feel great" thing doesn't happen to most folks - it's usually a slow process of feeling better over time - sometimes a few weeks, but many times it takes several months of consistent use to begin to feel the full effects of proper treatment.

Not sure about the jitters, though. That could be simply your body getting used to CPAP, or it could be something else entirely. If it continues for more than a few days, I'd recommend that you see your doctor about it. I'm sure the sleep study will help also, and you might want to ask the sleep doctor about it at that time, if it's still an issue then.

Good luck and sleep well. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just my personal experience--

I started CPAP in June. At first I was feeling sluggish like you describe, even though I was sleeping the whole night through. Lately I haven't been feeling like that. I still am not jumping out of bed in the morning with a huge smile on my face, but at least I'm not feeling like I got run over by a truck. I seem to be settling into it.

Some folks have trouble keeping the mask on for more than 4 hours a night, and for them I'm sure it takes longer to start feeling the benefits. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Eddie702,
What SuperSleeper said.
I know when I first started CPAP, I didn't have too much trouble getting used to it, but I did kind of have this feeling of WOW,! what hit me and what was that all about? (Ha-Ha.)
I don't know about the jitters though, it might just be that your body is trying to get used to it. You might ask the sleep Dock at the upcoming sleep study.
Good luck and keep us posted.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised Jumpy and jittery? Magally 14 1,888 08-14-2018, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.