Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] My machine is not blowing fully
Sad 
My machine is not blowing fully
I would rather not take it to get serviced, as they told me it would be VERY expensive, since i own my machine and dont go through a health supply service or whatever it is.

My machine has held up for the last 5 years. ive taken it apart, serviced it myself, kept it clean.

but over the last week, it is blowing weak. and i mean, WEAK. like at a 6 pressure.
I sleep with 12 and with the machine at 6 i wake up feeling like im suffocating.

Does anyone have any ideas for me to try before i spend the money getting it professionally serviced or replaced.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My machine is not blowing fully
Let us know the model number on the bottom of the unit. (Remove the humidifier tank first if you have one.)

How did you measure the pressure to know it was only producing 6 cmH2O?

Does the LCD screen show 6 or does it show 12 as it's supposed to?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2014, 04:05 PM)jenniepepsi Wrote: I would rather not take it to get serviced, as they told me it would be VERY expensive, since i own my machine and dont go through a health supply service or whatever it is.

My machine has held up for the last 5 years. ive taken it apart, serviced it myself, kept it clean.

but over the last week, it is blowing weak. and i mean, WEAK. like at a 6 pressure.
I sleep with 12 and with the machine at 6 i wake up feeling like im suffocating.

Does anyone have any ideas for me to try before i spend the money getting it professionally serviced or replaced.

Sounds like the blower is getting weak, find a cheap donor machine on craigslist and give it a transplant. If you've been inside it already you should have no problem changing out the blower. Or get a newer machine from supplier 2 on the list.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2014, 04:12 PM)Bama Rambler Wrote: Let us know the model number on the bottom of the unit. (Remove the humidifier tank first if you have one.)

How did you measure the pressure to know it was only producing 6 cmH2O?

Does the LCD screen show 6 or does it show 12 as it's supposed to?

I didnt measure, sorry i was just guessing lol. The screen shows a 12 like it should.

I cant seem to find a model number anywhere.

here is a rundown of the bottom.

respironics inc.
1001 murry ridge lane murrysville, pa 15668 USA

*little book with an 'i' in it*
RX ONLY
12V----5.0A

IPX1
Complies with RTCA/DO=160F section 21 category M

ETL Classified (intertek listed symbol)
conforms to UL Std. 60601-1
Certified to CAN/CSA STd. C22.2
NO. 601.1

Use only with powersupply: REF 1058190

This is a medical device.

Thats it.

(03-21-2014, 04:15 PM)JWR Wrote:
(03-21-2014, 04:05 PM)jenniepepsi Wrote: I would rather not take it to get serviced, as they told me it would be VERY expensive, since i own my machine and dont go through a health supply service or whatever it is.

Sounds like the blower is getting weak, find a cheap donor machine on craigslist and give it a transplant. If you've been inside it already you should have no problem changing out the blower. Or get a newer machine from supplier 2 on the list.

Thank you. Ill check on craigslist, and its obvious and easy to replace the blower Tongue

Post Reply Post Reply
You need a manometer to check CPAP pressure, you can buy one or make your own
Home-made "Manometer" http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ew-dollars

Supplier #27 does CPAP repair and sell refurbished machines, Supplier #2 sell used and new machines at reasonable prices with warranty
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Here is a wiki about machines choices and what machines to avoid
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2014, 04:24 PM)zonk Wrote: You need a manometer to check CPAP pressure, you can buy one or make your own

thank you Smile
im actually already using cpapsupplyusa. its where i get my masks and filters and tubing.
Post Reply Post Reply
OH wait, sorry i forgot, store #3!
but i cant edit that post. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2014, 04:27 PM)jenniepepsi Wrote: im actually already using cpapsupplyusa. its where i get my masks and filters and tubing.
Not sure if they ship Resmed products to Australia, I get my supplies from 1800CPAP (Supplier #10), lots cheaper than local price gouging

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2014, 04:51 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-21-2014, 04:27 PM)jenniepepsi Wrote: im actually already using cpapsupplyusa. its where i get my masks and filters and tubing.
Not sure if they ship Resmed products to Australia, I get my supplies from 1800CPAP (Supplier #10), lots cheaper than local price gouging

Ooh i will check that out, if its cheaper thats always good. thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok so I took it apart again, hooked up the cables and power cord to the board and ran the blower alone, it seems to be blowing great. i dont have a pressure messure, but i have been at a 12 for years now and can definitely tell the difference.

so im gonna check all the seals and hoses make sure there isnt a leak somewhere!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 673 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,166 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  [Symptoms] Only changed mask, fully aware during REM sleep phase? THEVGE 2 393 09-25-2023, 08:00 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  Advice on this CA event, it fully wakes me up Phil487 11 1,236 07-21-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Too much air blowing after cleaning eddog89 8 4,424 05-04-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: Sidesleeper2023
  [Equipment] Machine Blowing Too Hard On Inhale—DreamStation 1 fortywinks 0 527 03-28-2023, 08:48 AM
Last Post: fortywinks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.