Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] My stats - comments?
My stats - comments?
Hi all,

I've been on my Resmed Airsense10 now for just over a year. I had one sleep study prior to getting this. My doc says it's time for another study but I haven't scheduled it yet.

Was curious though if one (or more) of you who may be much more well versed than I as far as interpreting this data wouldn't mind looking at my history and possibly offering comments? I've been battling leak rate for the last month or so, and making progress. I'm using a nose mask; I have the pillows but can't get past 3-4 days without really sore nostrils so I've resigned myself to the Mirage FX for now.

Last question... what does the sleep study show that all this data does not?

Thanks in advance.
eno

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My stats - comments?
First, medicine isn't my field of expertise.

The following link, along with all it's subsequent links might provide the answers and insight you're seeking.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedur...c-20013229

Hope this helps.
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My stats - comments?
Your minimum pressure seems low compared to your average and 90% pressures. You might want to slowly increase that to around 10.

The data the machine collects is partly direct based on air flow and partly assumed/guessed by measuring sight differences in the airflow. A full sleep study will measure brain activity, limb movement, respiration effort and probably more that I am forgetting. For regular OSA, the machines do a good job of measuring what is wrong. But for CSA, UARS, and other conditions, they don't have access to the relevant data. The advantage of the machines is that you are sleeping at home, not wrapped in wired and probes and probably sleeping more normally. Both have value in assessing your condition.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 362 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 346 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,150 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 414 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,499 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  oscar stats-need help teamarliss 2 391 12-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: teamarliss
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,554 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.