Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data
Wink 
NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data
Hello All!

I'm new to CPAP (currently one month in with varying degrees of compliance) and I need some help analyzing my data. For a little background, I am a 34 year old male. 6'2 tall, 202 pounds, with a fairly athletic build. I only did one take home sleep study. I managed to get a little under 3 hours of sleep during the study yet the test recorded 7 hours. During the test, 7 events were recorded and my blood oxygen levels dropped down to 84%. I very rarely snore. My primary symptoms include brain fog, depression, anxiety, waking up with cold/numb/tingling hands and feet, and I sleep INCREDIBLY lightly with no memories of dreams. I was ordered a Resmed Airsense 10 with the pressure preset from 4-10 and was given little to no guidance. I woke up feeling like absolute garbage today. From a cursory glance over my symptoms and knowing that I have a deviated septum, I am curious to whether or not I have UARS and what my data here points to. I have a follow up with the sleep doctor in a little over two weeks and will be asking for an in-lab sleep study to be conducted because, although I was granted the CPAP prescription fairly easily, I have been given absolutely no guidance and am completely in the dark over here. My efforts to study and learn more about my condition has left me feeling down and dumb because the brain fog and inability to learn and retain information has reached crippling levels of interference into the basic functions of life. I apologize in advance if the screenshots I have provided aren't formatted properly. Again, the level of cognitive decline I have experienced in the past 10 years has left me a shell of my former self. I appreciate any and all information provided and am looking forward to getting proactive in my treatment. Thanks, all!

- Tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data
Overall, it doesn't look too terrible, but there are a few things that stick out. Namely, you have quite a bit of leak, especially between 5 and 7am, and you also have some flow limitation, which can suggest that you may be experiencing smaller more subtle breathing disturbances. I think the in-lab sleep study is a good idea so that we can understand what baseline looks like for you.

You could try narrowing the pressure band to something like 4.6cm - 6cm. You could also try enabling EPR and setting it to 1cm. If you do, go 5.6cm - 7cm. Try to take care of those leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] interpreting OSCAR data NicoFR 31 2,119 04-25-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NicoFR
  [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data user357 2 148 04-24-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: user357
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 149 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 172 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,413 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 318 04-18-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,202 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.