Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] NEWBIE, in TROUBLE ?
NEWBIE, in TROUBLE ?
I need to know if my Resmed S9 Autoset will keep all it's "Memory Data", with or Without the SD card installed... My VA tech got hostile when I asked a question about my Sleepyhead report and told me NOT to put the card back in... I bought my own card Grin Will I be OK at my next appointment ???? When I have to take the unit back for him to read.

Only been on this hose for 7 days and I feel GREAT
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEWBIE, in TROUBLE ?
(03-13-2012, 05:26 PM)USMC1968 Wrote: Only been on this hose for 7 days and I feel GREAT
Congrats, Hope you continue feeling great.
If not mistaken you can use your own SD card and download the data as you,re doing and the S9 sleep report store compliance and therapy data up to a year so the tech can check on your next appointment.
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2012, 06:02 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-13-2012, 05:26 PM)USMC1968 Wrote: Only been on this hose for 7 days and I feel GREAT
If not mistaken you can use your own SD card and download the data as you,re doing and the S9 sleep report store compliance and therapy data up to a year so the tech can check on your next appointment.
Welcome

Thanks... I was so mad with his attitude and here I am all excited about feeling better and wanting to correct leaks and such... Why does COLLEGE/POSITION make people think their ..... doesn't stink. I am almost 65 years old, run my own business for 40 years, married to the same gal for 44 years, so I am nobodies dummy... I don't do well with STUPID people.

But, back on subject... what will he probably tell me at the next appointment... how dumb do I need to act...
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2012, 07:23 PM)USMC1968 Wrote:
(03-13-2012, 06:02 PM)zonk Wrote:
Welcome

Thanks... I was so mad with his attitude and here I am all excited about feeling better and wanting to correct leaks and such... Why does COLLEGE/POSITION make people think their ..... doesn't stink. I am almost 65 years old, run my own business for 40 years, married to the same gal for 44 years, so I am nobodies dummy... I don't do well with STUPID people.

But, back on subject... what will he probably tell me at the next appointment... how dumb do I need to act...

Hmmm - depends on what you think his attitude will be. I feel I was very fortunate when I started. My first visit after starting APAP was with the sleep doc and I brought in summary stats and graphics I had thought up myself. She (the sleep doc) was tickled and said she didn't need to see me again since she felt that I had a good grasp on what was happening.

However, sounds like with the attitude you got, if you will be seeing the same person it might be a challenge. I would probably play dumb while laughing inside the whole time!

Lucy

Post Reply Post Reply
Umm... I would explain to him that it is MY machine and MY data and that I will access it any damned way that I please and that doing so in no way impairs his ability to do his job.

Reading your data is not wrong, illegal, or counter to any insurance reg's that I have ever heard of.

Congrats on feeling better!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2012, 07:39 PM)mckevin32 Wrote: Umm... I would explain to him that it is MY machine and MY data and that I will access it any damned way that I please and that doing so in no way impairs his ability to do his job.

Reading your data is not wrong, illegal, or counter to any insurance reg's that I have ever heard of.

Congrats on feeling better!

Amen, to that. I'd tell him the same thing. You saving the data on whatever card, isn't going to interfere with him doing his job, but it *will* help you to get a better feel for what the machine is doing for you, but gives you some hard data for making your own tweaks to your therapy.

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree whole heartily: MY machine, MY data, MY LIFE. He's there to help you stay alive during the night and to keep you from falling asleep at inappropriate times during non-sleeping hours.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2012, 05:26 PM)USMC1968 Wrote: My VA tech got hostile when I asked a question about my Sleepyhead report and told me NOT to put the card back in... I bought my own card Grin Will I be OK at my next appointment ????

You should celebrate your success with CPAP therapy! Not many of us are lucky enough to feel great after only seven days.

The VA tech is concened that you took the memory card out, or that you inserted the memory card into a computer (with SleepyHead)? He probably needs the data off that card to demonstrate that his client is compliant with the therapy. Somebody has to pay for that machine, and that "somebody" has a right to take measures necessary to receive reimbursement. The guy's just doing his job. Doesn't mean he has to be a dick about it, though.

When you go back for the appointment, do you bring your machine or your data card? If you're bringing the machine back in, I wouldn't worry about the data card. On the other hand, if he wants you to bring in your data card, you'll have your data distributed over two cards, so he'd need to see both.

Hopefully the doctor will see your data and make any necessary adjusments to your pressure settings and mask. The AHI and the leak rate are the important numbers. If you're not above the intentional leak, then maybe your mask is ok. Then you take a look at your AHI to see if it's under 5.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why don't you get the resmed software, that way you will be using the same as he is. Just remember to put the card back in before using the machine and no-one will see any difference. (oh and have a good antivirus just in case)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2012, 10:23 PM)oldteddybear Wrote: Why don't you get the resmed software, that way you will be using the same as he is. Just remember to put the card back in before using the machine and no-one will see any difference. (oh and have a good antivirus just in case)

I am to bring everything back when they set a new appointment...
thanks to all... He told me not to put the card back in,,, I didn't, I put my card in, Hope he can get everything he needs from the machine... This is so exciting to feel awake and refreshed at 4-5 pm... I am usually dragging... Still have to work part time to pay the bills, Self employed Dog Groomer, Been doing it 40 years and still love it but was hating LONG hard days, now I say " Bring them on" Wish I had done this long before... I was in DENIAL... Thought I was just getting OLD... I told my wife of 44 years . "if I get to feeling any better she was going to have to get me a young girl friend for Christmas". NOT going to happen, no matter how good I feel. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,862 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 478 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.