Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Nasal/sinus issue
RE: Nasal/sinus issue
Just to report back after the long while. My nasal issues got worse and worse and also spread to my throat. Family doctor and ENT doctor did nasoscopy, x-ray, and CT but did not find anything abnormal. WBC rose to 14k, and I had medium fevers almost everyday for weeks. They gave me 3 courses of antibiotics but they did not seem to help much, so after those they stopped any more antibiotics. They were not sure what else to try but to suggest me see Infectious Disease doctor. While waiting, I slowly improved, though. I also went to Chinese medicine and tried some herb. The symptoms were finally over after about 7 weeks since they first started, but till recent I can still feel the nasal lining and throat are very sensitive, and I had minor sores / inflammations a few times after that.
All doctors (also including the sleep doc I saw after that) told me the CPAP had nothing to do with that. My wife is not convinced.
Anyway, I just restarted CPAP therapy a week ago, with a new B/V (bacteria/virus) filter. When I use the B/V option in the setting, the pump seems to work harder, maybe to compensate the higher resistance due to the B/V filter. I also noticed that sometimes, the air coming from the mask forms a stream blasting onto the nasal lining, which may cause discomfort if the lining is very sensitive; but other times, the air seems to be just expanding with a much tolerable pressure. The former may be due to some mask fitting issues, and could be related to my problems 3 months ago, but I cannot be sure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 12 431 04-16-2024, 06:17 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 5 302 04-14-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: pamm777
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 524 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 201 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,474 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,505 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 156 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.