Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Need help setting up ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt
RE: Need help setting up ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt
Good news~! I seem to be the reverse, as when I am extremely tired, my events tend to go up.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2013, 08:17 AM)terp1984 Wrote: I sure would like to know the difference between an “Obstructive Apnea” event and an “Apnea” event as reported by SleepyHead

An obstructive apnea event is a breathing reduction event where the machine is able to determine that your airway is blocked. A clear airway (or sometimes central) apnea event is a breathing reduction event where the machine is able to determine that your airway appears to be open. When SleepyHead reports an "Apnea" event, it means that there was sufficient leakage that the machine was unable to determine whether it was an obstructive apnea event or a clear airway apnea event.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks RonWessels, that helps a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been tweaking the settings several times. I changed from ASV mode to ASVAuto to reduce the airflow oscillations and that helped. I plan to change back to ASVAuto mode soon. Since the original issue of this thread has been resolved and I have some more issues, I plan to open a new thread and no longer update this one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 149 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 382 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,996 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.