Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Need help trying to understand where the air leak is coming from.
RE: Need help trying to understand where the air leak is coming from.
AnonAgent, is there anyway you could get some detailed data into Sleepyhead and post it here.
Here is a link to Sleepyhead. It needs to be downloaded and extracted into a folder using the 7Zip program. http://sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions
This is how to post charts. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

The leak data on Sleepyhead will show us when and how much you are leaking. This may point to mouth leaks, although usually if air is leaking from the mouth that is disruptive to sleep and you'd be aware of it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, may i know which data do you need me to screenshot for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
best guess right now is you do leak out of the mouth, and a flexible chin strap would help. you do not need to cinch up tight, as the jaw won't drop if there is only a slight pressure on it. you want your mouth to open if you (occasionally) need a gulp of air.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Change the cushion and use a chin strap. Probably will fix most if not all of the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 01:44 PM)AnonAgent Wrote: Sleeprider, may i know which data do you need me to screenshot for you?

Daily detail with events, wave-form flow rate, pressure, leak rate, snores (optional).

The idea is to see how events are correlated with pressure and leak rates.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi AnonAgent,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Try a chinstrap and see if that will help you.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
quiescence at last, i'll be getting a chin strap to see if it helps.

Ghost1958, the mask is still relatively new, less than 3 months usage actually.

sleeprider, alright, i'll take the screenshots now and post it here.

trish6hundred, thank you! Will definitely do so.

* I just hit the 7 posts a day quota and it requires 8 days to post links from other sites. Will post the screenshots of my report after the ban is lifted.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2015, 01:35 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: AnonAgent, is there anyway you could get some detailed data into Sleepyhead and post it here.
Here is a link to Sleepyhead. It needs to be downloaded and extracted into a folder using the 7Zip program. http://sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions
This is how to post charts. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

The leak data on Sleepyhead will show us when and how much you are leaking. This may point to mouth leaks, although usually if air is leaking from the mouth that is disruptive to sleep and you'd be aware of it.

Sleeprider
Apparently you did not notice that the OP has both Rescan and Sleepyhead. Rescan's daily detail charts are actually quite good just more difficult to focus in on an area of interest.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
These are the screenshots of the results.

[Image: B09Dr5Gl.png]
[Image: CoRqIi2l.png]
[Image: gXz0Uwml.png]
[Image: GuPbeIrl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The way I interpret your data is that you have major leak conditions for the majority of your sleep cycle. Not being familiar with availability in your area, how hard and expensive is it to get a hose? I'd start to look at the hose and any connection. It may not appear unless it is under some type of tension. My current best guess.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 233 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 147 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 87 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.