Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage
Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage
Hello everyone,

I'm using a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.

Settings are 6.4 min-16 max pressure

Humidity is on 8

Mask is Airfit F20

I was previously having issues with my APAP in hitting the required 4 hours, until with the advice of someone on reddit I started increasing my min pressure until I hit a good level. I spent a couple of weeks with this and it was great.

Then, I went camping for 4 days. I used a backpack while I was sleeping to avoid rotation so I always slept with my belly to the floor.

Now, I've returned home and restarted my APAP use. However, inexplicably, I now take it off during the night again (same thing that happened before when my pressures were too low) and I don't remember it at all. My usage has fallen to 1.5hrs or so average.

Now the face mask seems to have a band of velcro that's getting weaker, so I taped that a few days ago so it wouldn't come out during the night.

This was to address the only explanation I saw on the OSCAR data, where it seemed like I would always end the session in response to a major leak.

Now the velcro is taped and that shouldn't be happening. It seems to be alleviated in the data, for sure. 

To the end this week I am getting a security camera to record me sleeping so I can see what's happening, and from today I'm also restarting the usage of my o2 ring.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Let me know what kind of OSCAR data can I share as images. It's my first post and I'm a bit confused on what I am or am not allowed to do.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage
The only thing I can advise for now (until you're able to use the machine for longer than
1 1/2 hrs.) is to turn the ramp feature off and change your minimum setting to 7cm.

Maybe it would help if you read the Mask Primer for tips on fitting.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage
Ok. You think the pressure is too low? I usually raise it in increments of 0.4 so will go to 6.8 tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Humidity at 8? I use a manual setting of 4 with temperature 80 (27*C). With EPR at 3, your minimum pressure should be 7.0. You might want to cut back EPR to 2. You have great results at low pressure, but you need more time in therapy. That is usually a choice or habit, not something the machine causes. It's up to you to use self-discipline to use the therapy. There is no setting to fix that, however I think your humidity settings are uncomfortable and you're kicking out of therapy once the machine warms up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much. 

Raising it to 7 pressure has worked this night.

I slept 2h40 tonight without any issues. I removed it as a reflex then placed it back very early morning. I’m now back at 04h00 for the night! 

As far as humidity goes I’m a mouth breather due to a deviated septum. Whenever I try to sleep with anything below 8 (in my current environment) I wake up with a very dry throat. With 8 I was getting regular 4 hours so I don’t see how it could be causing issues? 

I even tried dropping to 7 a few days ago and I woke up with dry throat again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad the increase in pressure to 7cm helped. Even though you seem to have great results on lower pressures, what we find is that in some folk, less than 7 can cause a feeling of being "air starved". This in turn can trigger you to remove your mask.

Try not to let removing your mask become a habit. If you're aware of doing it, put it back on right away.

It's good you're back to 4 hours use. Work on increasing your time using the machine little by little, even if you wear it for an hour or so before bedtime, either reading or watching TV.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Will do. Glad to be back to 4 hours again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Sudden increase in central apneas eyeloveeyez 1 62 04-25-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Change Owner Name of machine eswagar 8 170 04-25-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: eswagar
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 258 04-22-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 251 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 152 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 165 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 434 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.