Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Needing help (Keeping mask on at night)
RE: Needing help (Keeping mask on at night)
Naata.
-Wonderful news, you slept 7 hours with the mask and you are filling rested. That is really nice.
I am still learning from the forum, but I will give you some advises:
-To find out which mask works good for you, sometimes is a very hard road. Be patient.
-You must expend time reading about all this stuff and learn the minimum about the use of your machine.
-You must try to use any software (I advise sleepyhead, because is user friendly) to find out, in a daily bases, how are you doing.
-Pls, don't be so vague. After you learn more about these stuff re fill your profile.
Keep going.
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if I'm allowed to look on the sd card because it's hospitals own
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow the instructions for sleepyhead and nothing "bad" will happen, pretty easy. It's just data and it's about you. You are not changing anything or adjusting something. The biggest concern is forgetting to put the card back in the machine. When I take the card out, I prop the little door open with something bright (ear plug) so it's easy for me to see if the card is back in the slot or not when I head off to bed at night. If I see the bright orange ear plug, I need to go back to the computer and get the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to add its even more important to not to forget to lock the card before putting it in a PC slot, to avoid junk being written on it by the PC.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is silly, but I carry my SD card from the cpap machine to my computer in an orange prescription pill bottle. It keeps it separate from any other SD cards I might have. It keeps it visible.

Of course, that won't keep me from leaving it IN the computer!
Post Reply Post Reply
Of course, you could get a Toshiba "AirFlash" wireless card... get it configured then copy the data from your ?pap to your computer ...

I'm not going to suggest you do this. but.. I've take the SD CARD out of my xPAP, formatted it, then inserted it back into my ?PAP.

Ok, so it seems to take about 24 hrs for the data on the SD card to get repopulated but that's what I've experienced... on my ResMed...

I can't speak for other devices and I wouldn't recommend you do what i've done but I wanted to see what mischief I could get into ... Too-funny
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
i don't even have a sd card slot on my pc
Post Reply Post Reply
You can buy a separate one for a few dollars.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2016, 04:27 AM)naata Wrote: i don't even have a sd card slot on my pc

you can buy one that interfaces to your computer via the USB port on your computer.... presuming your machine is new enough to have USB ports on it.

If not, depending on the type of card slots are available in your machine, you could install a card that has USB ports on them and approach it that way.

There's almost always a way to skin the cat... although the cat may not cooperate and it may vehemently complain about being skinned!
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 162 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 168 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  New and Needing Help... ranvanman 12 746 02-17-2024, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  Unable to keep mask throughout night Overdrawn 4 242 02-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Overdrawn
  First Time Oscar User - Needing Help Interpreting Data justinjj 2 323 02-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Mask riding up at night robbob2112 1 321 12-22-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: mushroom
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.