Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New Auto Machine
Smile 
New Auto Machine
I went and picked up a new S9 AutoSet with heated humidifier today, when I got it home and hooked it up I couldn’t stand the weird loud sounds it made when I breathed in and out. I took it back and traded it for a IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Machine with heated humidifier.

The IntelliPAP is so quit I didn’t think it was running, and has no weird sounds when I breathed in and out. This machine also has a 5 year warranty.

I’ve had 4 different AutoAdjust Machine ResMed and Respironics but I believe this is the best one that I’ve ever had. It has a grate setup on the heated humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Auto Machine
Good deal, Dreamer.
A content and happy equipment user makes for a better rate of achieving quality and healthy sleep, Wish you well...
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
IntelliPAP AutoAdjust overview and smart codes.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AutoAdjust
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, the IntelliPAP doesn't collect much data unless you buy an optional data collection module for $100 or so, and even then, it doesn't collect airflow waveform data. The S9 AutoSet or PRS1 machines give you and your doctor a lot more data to monitor your therapy with.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2012, 12:14 AM)archangle Wrote: Unfortunately, the IntelliPAP doesn't collect much data unless you buy an optional data collection module for $100 or so, and even then, it doesn't collect airflow waveform data. The S9 AutoSet or PRS1 machines give you and your doctor a lot more data to monitor your therapy with.

I can tell you something else that the IntelliPAP Auto gives you less of, and that is noise!

I have a PRS1 and I picked up a new S9 AutoSet and I took it back in a hurry. They both made a noise that drove me nuts.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2012, 07:53 PM)The Dreamer Wrote: I have a PRS1 and I picked up a new S9 AutoSet and I took it back in a hurry. They both made a noise that drove me nuts.

My wife sometimes makes noise that drives me nuts, but I haven't taken her back for a replacement yet. Coffee Bigwink (did I say that on a public forum?) Shhh Just kidding.

Dreamer, I'm confused, is your profile (under your username) correct that the current machine you're using is a PR System One REMstar Auto, or which one are you using now?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2012, 08:02 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(03-01-2012, 07:53 PM)The Dreamer Wrote: I have a PRS1 and I picked up a new S9 AutoSet and I took it back in a hurry. They both made a noise that drove me nuts.

My wife sometimes makes noise that drives me nuts, but I haven't taken her back for a replacement yet. Coffee Bigwink (did I say that on a public forum?) Shhh Just kidding.

Dreamer, I'm confused, is your profile (under your username) correct that the current machine you're using is a PR System One REMstar Auto, or which one are you using now?

I have been using the PR System One REMstar Auto, I just got the IntelliPAP, and yesterday afternoon I took a nap to try it out, last night was the first full night with it. can't hardly hear it running, supper quit!

Hope your wife don't read the forums Bigwink

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,337 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,139 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  [Treatment] New ASV auto machine RickEiben 0 487 05-12-2023, 12:25 AM
Last Post: RickEiben
  PRS1 Auto BIPAP, Starting Prisma ST machine ArnieSwas 32 4,503 12-27-2022, 11:33 AM
Last Post: ArnieSwas

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.