Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New CPAP user and not enjoying it
Each of us had our "break in" period with CPAP. Keep a positive thought process going, and over time you will notice yourself start to feel like a whole new person. I don't ever want to go back to the old me and I hope in time this is what you will be telling yourself, we are here for you, just ask.
(04-11-2014, 09:03 AM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: Same for me Gabby. In the first weeks I absolutely dreaded going to bed. Now it is just routine. Once I am asleep, I sleep soundly and through the night. That is so nice and refreshing. Weekend mornings when I am able to sleep in, I am quite comfortable with the mask on. In the beginning on weekend mornings I would take the mask off as soon as I woke up so I could roll over and doze off again. How dare it interfere with my comfort and precious weekend sleep ins! It no longer feels like interference for me.

That is great to hear ImaSurvivor.
Sometimes we feel we are the only ones that have a problem adjusting and think what is wrong with me?
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
My CPAP is broken, and I'm waiting on a new one to arrive on Wednesday, and it's really hard for me to fall asleep without one.

This coming from a guy who took months to get used to it in the beginning.

(04-14-2014, 10:40 PM)Mikael Wrote: My CPAP is broken, and I'm waiting on a new one to arrive on Wednesday, and it's really hard for me to fall asleep without one.

Hi Mikael,
Welcome to the forum... Happily Wednesday's not far off. What machine are you getting?
Respironics PR System One REMstar Pro C-Flex+
(04-14-2014, 10:40 PM)Mikael Wrote: My CPAP is broken, and I'm waiting on a new one to arrive on Wednesday, and it's really hard for me to fall asleep without one.

Hi Mikael, welcome aboard
I know how you feel, have a back-up machine just in case something like that happen
In the meantime, try avoid sleeping on your back or sleep in a recliner if possible

(04-14-2014, 10:46 PM)zonk Wrote: I know how you feel, have a back-up machine just in case something like that happen
Lesson learned, trust me! Smile
Welcome Mikael, great to hear from someone who is a satisfied user.

Hope you stick around and join in some of our conversations.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
(04-05-2014, 09:19 AM)elink5319 Wrote: I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, and now have a cpap machine. Used it for the first time last night and I am wandering, how long to get used to having to wear it. I slept terribly last night and I am more tired this morning then I have been in a long time. I also have Narcolepsy which was diagnosed 10 years ago, and this may not be helping anything. Any advice would be appreciated. The machine is currently set at 4-12 psi. When I roll over on my back I can really feel the pressure increase, which wakes me up and I go back on my side and it decreases again and then I can fall asleep again. Is this normal?

Hey there,

It's very normal. When I first used my machine (Phillips Respironics System One Auto) I wasn't used to it at all. As I was on a trial at that time, the machine was set to complete auto to find my right pressures. I was hitting 20 psi during some parts of the night but found that was when I rolled onto my back.

When I looked at the data with my sleep scientist, we both concluded that rolling onto the back will increase the pressure due to obstructions, gravity etc. When I was on my side, fine!! The only problem with that is I need a full face mask because I open my mouth when I sleep.

8 months later though, I don't even realise that the mask is on anymore and the pressure doesn't affect me in a negative way....my body has recognised that air going in is a good thing! I will always have OSA but at least it's managed now.

Believe me, it will get better for you and you will feel like a million bucks!!!

Sleep-well

Welcome Mikael and Zodista,

You will find this forum informative and at times amusing.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another New user lisamcrn 7 130 6 hours ago
Last Post: C0mbe
  Dreamstation Auto User Need Advice Etchris 11 547 Today, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Etchris
Sad [CPAP] New User needs help please RRussell 26 516 Yesterday, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  I'm an overwelmed New APAP User, Help! RWhipkey 4 252 01-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  New Member: New User, Which Machine? Totally confused Spunky8 10 413 01-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Airsense 10 Autoset - New User C0mbe 13 644 12-23-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question New CPAP user, getting your sleep back to normal? PerspexAvenger 9 597 12-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: msteiner38