Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New Machine from USA into AUS
New Machine from USA into AUS
HI All,
I need to purchase a new Resmed S9 Autoset. I saw online from the US, a store selling a complete package with humidifier and hose in an 'open box' for $799 us plus shipping to AUS.
is this safe to purchase for in AUS, they all say they are copies, not the real products and don't buy on line.

Has anyone purchased out side the US from I think its Supplier #2 ?

your help will be much appreciated for I don't have the $2k to buy a machine in AUS !

:thanks:
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Machine from USA into AUS
Hi camayu, welcome aboard
Both suppliers #2 and #10 ship to Australia, another Aussie member get his machine from Supplier #25
I bought a used machine from Supplier #2 and mask parts and other accessories from Supplier #10, both very reliable and popular among Aussies CPAPers. The downside, no rebate from private medical insurance (if machine bought on-line) and machine have to be shipped back to US for any warranty issues. As far as I,m concerned worth doing even with the exchange rate is not as good as been in the past
Prices in Australia dropped somewhat, might worth investigating if you have private insurance, the rebate vary .. Bupa machine rebate $500

Edit: Yes its safe, ResMed machines are made either in Australia or Singapore, have not heard of any copies. There is Chinese made CPAP "RESmart" sell for couple hundred dollars but that different machine altogether, does not even look the same

Post Reply Post Reply
Would you say buying a new "open box" machine from the US is better than buying a used machine from AUS ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2014, 02:28 AM)zonk Wrote: There is Chinese made CPAP "RESmart" sell for couple hundred dollars but that different machine altogether, does not even look the same

Never heard of this one. Being a USan half the stuff in my house came from China. I'm curious.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2014, 03:11 AM)camayu Wrote: Would you say buying a new "open box" machine from the US is better than buying a used machine from AUS ?
New open box is better and probably cheaper too
Machines are multi-voltage, you only need plug adapter
or an S8 power cord from Supplier #13 which you can use instead the one comes with the machine

JJJ ... we have the clinical manual for the machine, scroll down to "other manuals"
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually have a power cord from my S8 that the shop said wasn't worth fixing. So I guess if I get the "open box" one from #3 that will save a bit

Thanks guys, I will purchase from that US tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi camayu,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2014, 12:15 AM)camayu Wrote: Has anyone purchased out side the US from I think its Supplier #2 ?

Thanks

Hi Camayu, I am inside the US so to answer your question, no. BUT, I have purchased from supplier#2 in the past and am currently waiting for a battery pack I ordered from him yesterday. The guy who runs it is named Mark and is a real nice down to earth guy. He'll take time to try to help you out as best he can via email or over the phone if you are lucky enough to get him on the phone (busy guy!). I know he has worked with some folks from AUS before and it seems like there were some special instructions needed regarding the money or something...it's been years now and I don't remember the details, but drop him an email and ask. His email address is on his webpage.
Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all.
I have been emailing back and forth with Mark from Supplier #2. a real nice genuine guy that is willing to help. I took the plunge and just ordered an "open box" model for $799 US plus freight ! That is a massive saving considering the best I can get in Aus is $1699 with a trade in of my old machine....
Mark stated he is shipping to Aus daily. That is reassuring considering I was worried to do so. It is amazing how much we don't know what happens around the world..

I will let you know how I go after receiving it and give you all some feedback in relation to time arrival. I actually just received an email stating it as being shipped ..... Wow that's fast !
Oh, thanks for the warm welcome to you all. Its good to know there is plenty of support out there when you need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi camayu,
CONGRATULATIONS! on the new machine.
It will be good to hear how you do with it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,307 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,864 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,342 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,788 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,281 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.