Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New ResMed F20 head gear issues
New ResMed F20 head gear issues
I have been trying to get the head gear straps right on the new ResMed F20 full face mask. I have a very average size face and head so all medium sizes are right for me. My issue is that the upper head gear straps are so short that there isn't enough length to get the cushion loose enough on my nose, even when the Velcro is barely holding, it's still too tight. Why would ResMed make the adjustments of the upper straps so short? Everything else is fantastic!

Any ideas how to make this mask fit properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New ResMed F20 head gear issues
Perhaps it was not fitted correctly and you need larger webbing?

Other than that, how handy are you? How about using a grommet punch (like a hole punch) and making a small extension.
If you were to get a length of material, say leather or similar tough slightly stretchy material, you put some grommet holes in each, use a flat cord, and lace an small extension in between the short straps. Adjust as possible.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the easiest thing to do , instead of modifying it, is the order the next size bigger. I believe that it comes in 3 sizes.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious to know if you tried using the fit card that comes with the mask to size it. You can also download it from the web. I trust this more than my DME sizing it for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tballinusa9,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Check and see if you can get a larger headgear for your mask.
Hang in there for more suggestions and I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2017, 09:34 PM)Dagmar Wrote: I'm curious to know if you tried using the fit card that comes with the mask to size it. You can also download it from the web. I trust this more than my DME sizing it for me.

The fit template does not address the headgear sizing....at least not the fit template that I received.

Best Regards

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2017, 07:49 PM)car54 Wrote: I think the easiest thing to do , instead of modifying it, is the order the next size bigger. I believe that it comes in 3 sizes.

Car54

This is new information for me. I read a couple of reviews of the F20 that stated the headgear came in only one size. When I got the mask at my DME the cushion size was discussed but not the headgear size.

I did a short internet search and confirmed it can be ordered in small, medium, and large but could find no guidelines for size selection. Does anyone know where that can be found?

There is no marking on the headgear or box indicating size and it appears all 3 sizes are color coded blue. It may be that they size it according to the cushion size which in my case, is medium

I'm pleased with the F20 in general but it seems that he strap that goes over my head could be slightly longer. I wish it were adjustable like the over the head strap on the Amara View.  A modification to permit adjustment may be in order. I could order the large size but don't know how it differs from what I have.

I guess the takeaway is, if you decide to try the F20, esquire about headgear sizing.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Too small for me too. I purchased a kit with all three sizes of pillows.

I have a big head so maybe the strap I have is medium or small. I will try to modify. Seems like problem is in the top straps only.

I am just getting started and also have the FFM, but it has not been great so far either as it has been less comfortable.

Best I have slept with the P10 mask is 2hrs. If I can get 4 or 5 I will be thrilled.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2017, 09:19 AM)Melman Wrote: There is no marking on the headgear or box indicating size and it appears all 3 sizes are color coded blue. It may be that they size it according to the cushion size which in my case, is medium

I was wrong, the labeling on the box does not indicate that size of the headgear as Sm, Med, or Lg, but it does list the part numbers separately for frame, cushion, and headgear.
63470 is small
63471 is med
63472 is lg

Check the label on the mask box. You can buy replacement headgear in any of the three sizes for $31 plus shipping on line.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2017, 09:09 AM)Frieda Wrote: Too small for me too. I purchased a kit with all three sizes of pillows.

I have a big head so maybe the strap I have is medium or small. I will try to modify. Seems like problem is in the top straps only.

I am just getting started and also have the FFM, but it has not been great so far either as it has been less comfortable.

Best I have slept with the P10 mask is 2hrs. If I can get 4 or 5 I will be thrilled.
oops. I had that a lot wrong. Struggling with tightness on the F20 top strap. Ignore the first line and comment re pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 225 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 56 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 93 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 114 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 159 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 220 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 255 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.