Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New, ResSleep Australia
New, ResSleep Australia
Hi.. I was referred to ResSleep by my gp, did my sleep test at home and was diagnosed with mild apnea. I am currently renting a Resmed airsense 10 for a one month trial, then if it works for me ResSleep want me to purchase the machine through them for $2500. Obviously I'd rather source one myself to get a better price, but then I don't think I can get the support from ResSleep anymore. Is the support from someone like that important, or if I purchase my own machine elsewhere what's my best way of getting alternative support?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New, ResSleep Australia
Be aware that some models of the machine you are trialing do NOT offer Detailed data.  You want detailed data, without it it is extremely difficult monitor and manage your settings.

On this forum we believe that generally you are the best person to determine your own treatment and settings.  You may or may not get good support from ResSleep.  For your apnea you can get IMHO very good to excellent support for your apnea here on this forum.  We have referred several to seek standard medical help on occasion.

I do suggest you read the links in my signature, you should find it very informational.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Save a motser and check out numbers 2 & 10 in the suppliers list. Both ship to Australia ,I have used number 10 .
If you are happy with the airsense 10 ,I am, make sure you get a model that is full data. Airsense 10 autoset.
The downside with buying overseas is that in the unlikely event that it needs warranty work you will have to send it back to the US.

There are heaps of people on this forum to help you out. Most folks on here have gotten more help here then anywhere else.
 Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you... I'll be sure to check out the data issue if I purchase my own. Is there another machine I should be considering?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2017, 08:04 PM)dee73 Wrote: Thank you... I'll be sure to check out the data issue if I purchase my own. Is there another machine I should be considering?

General Information on DreamStation Models from Philips Respironics
Current acceptable in Production Machines (ResMed and Philips Respironics, the 2 most popular manufactures)

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP)

• ResMed AirCurve 10, all models

• ResMed AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37211) (E0601, E0562) (best choice) (Fixed CPAP, BiLevel S, VAuto (Auto-BiLevel))

• ResMed AirCurve™ 10 ASV BiLevel Machine w/HumidAir™ Humidifier (E0471) (best choice) (Fixed CPAP, ASV, ASV Auto)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine (DSX500x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom, bricks look the same) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP) (best choice)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro (DSX400x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Pro (DSX600x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP, Fixed BiPAP)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine (DSX700x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP, Fixed BiPAP, Auto BiPAP) (best choice)
Current Machines to Avoid

• ResMed AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (all models, 37201) (Lack of full data capability)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ (37015, 37203) (Lack of full data capability)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP (DSX200x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Lack of full data capability)
Note: These are current machines, there are older models that have full data capability that are available via secondary markets if budget is an issue. Please inquire on the forum and your questions will be answered.

ResMed BiPAP/BiLevel

• The AirCurve 10 line includes:
    • AirCurve 10 S: A bilevel device ideal for patients who need extra pressure support or find it difficult to adjust to therapy on a fixed pressure continuous positive airway pressure device. It features two different adjustable pressures that can help make therapy feel more comfortable.
    • AirCurve 10 VAuto: An auto-adjusting bilevel device for patients who need greater pressure support to treat their obstructive sleep apnea. It uses the comfort of both the proven AutoSet algorithm and Easy-Breathe waveform in its VAuto algorithm.
    • AirCurve 10 ST: A bilevel device with backup rate that provides exceptional patient-ventilator synchrony, reducing the work of breathing so patients remain comfortable and well ventilated.
    • AirCurve 10 ASV: A bilevel device for central breathing disorders such as Cheyne-Stokes respiration, central sleep apnea, or obstructive events. The AirCurve 10 ASV targets the patient’s own recent minute ventilation. By treating central breathing disorders with auto-adjusting pressure support, and upper airway obstruction with auto-adjusting expiratory positive airway pressure, the device works to rapidly stabilize breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
$2500? How much would an A10 go for between the exchange rate and shipping/customs through one of the DMEs on the list?
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Think I'd be looking at around $1000-$1500 to get one shipped here taking into account exchange rate/etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
So your costs double to get sevices from a supplier. I'd be surprised if you didn't receive suggestions of equal or better quality from the forum with no waiting, and for free. For example, how is your current Airsense 10 working out? Is it the Autoset model? If it is a data-capable machine, download the free #Sleepyhead software, and take a look at the details of your therapy. Feel free to post charts here and see if it might be improved.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dee73,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy and finding a machine, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2017, 07:15 PM)dee73 Wrote: Hi.. I was referred to ResSleep by my gp, did my sleep test at home and was diagnosed with mild apnea. I am currently renting a Resmed airsense 10 for a one month trial, then if it works for me ResSleep want me to purchase the machine through them for $2500. Obviously I'd rather source one myself to get a better price, but then I don't think I can get the support from ResSleep anymore. Is the support from someone like that important, or if I purchase my own machine elsewhere what's my best way of getting alternative support?

If you decide to stick with ResSleep, get a quote from one of the Australian on-line suppliers.  If ResSleep wants your business they will be able to match the online price which is currently just under AUD2000 for ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset with Climate Line Hose.

Having said that, I am just about to buy a second machine and am seriously thinking about going down the US import route, saving 8 or 9 hundred dollars.

One thing to consider - My Airsense 10 failed in the first month.  Because I had an AU supplier, I was able to get a free loaner machine while mine was fixed under warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,543 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 174 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
Question [Equipment] AirSense 11 app not supported in Australia aussiemark22 17 3,963 08-04-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: yuqinhuang
  ResMed Airsense 10 pulsing in Australia using 240v - Normal use is 110v is US cornishpd 11 1,510 12-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: cornishpd
  Obtaining ASV in Sydney or NSW Australia due to Complex Apnea? AFAFAF 8 906 11-08-2021, 08:02 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Best PAP for UARS in Australia? lezz 13 1,570 03-12-2021, 03:30 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  [Equipment] Shopping in USA - Shipping to Australia Koalapoo 3 1,290 08-07-2020, 10:24 PM
Last Post: holden4th

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.