Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New Resmed 10 Autoset user showing CSA / CSR
New Resmed 10 Autoset user showing CSA / CSR

I'm a 58 yo male that started CPAP therapy in March and has been compliant with usage of a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset device. Have been using OSCAR to review my detail  data and have been logging about a 1:2 ratio of CSA to AHI, as well as periods of CSR each evening. My Dr had me perform a WatchPat One home sleep study to evaluate need for ASV. The  WatchPat One report indicated AHI of 7.9 with "NO" CSA / CSR events, while for the same day my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset indicated AHI 14.31, CSA 9.44, CSR 14.4%. My Dr was working on COVID19 patients, so a backup shared the report information with me. When I questioned the discrepancies between the two devices, I was advised the WatchPat One was better technology and more accurate and that I should disregard the Resmed data. I have contacted both Itamar and Resmed and awaiting responses on their levels of accuracy. Not holding my breath for responses. I have also contacted the hospital that has the WatchPat One data from my study and have requested they use the ZzzPat software to export the study channels to .edf and .csv files and send them to me. In the mean time, from what I can tell, the CSA / CSR event indicated by my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset appear to be real. Can you please look at my OSCAR images and give your opinion. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Resmed 10 Autoset user showing CSA / CSR
The centrals and breathing pattern meet all the classic criteria of CSR for me. These events may be very different from what was indicated by the WatchPat One diagnostic evaluation due to the addition of CPAP and 3-cm EPR (aka pressure support). It would be an error for a technician or sleep clinician to assume your Resmed data is unreliable or to simply deny you have a moderate central sleep apnea disorder, because this may be therapy onset if not a component of your diagnostic test.

My suggestion is for you to turn off the EPR and see what affect that has on your results. We should see a significant reduction of at least 50% with EPR off. The obstructive apnea are occurring in clusters, and appear to be a positional issue. We describe our interpretation of positional obstructive apnea in this wiki article http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea and suggest the use of a soft cervical collar as a solution here. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 

Thanks for the review. I felt like the backup Dr was giving me the brush off when I questioned him. I'll hold out for my original Dr to pursue further. Last evening I had adjusted my EPR down from 3 to 2 and increased my MIN from 7 to 8. At first glance things looked better, but then I noticed that my CSA events had become UA events. Still had large period of CSR. I'll try your recommendations for a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
I completely agree with Sleeprider. Based on the info you provided this would be Treatment-Emergent Central Apnea.
Ask for a full copy of your WatchPat One study, including the charts and tables in addition to the summary. All too often we that the summary does not tell the whole story.
Post Reply Post Reply
You had large periods of Major mask leaks last night that is why your events were not Identified correctly, You need to work on your leaks as you had a huge amount of time last nigh in large leak
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 20 371 13 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 467 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 411 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.