Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New User
New User
    [attachment=44449]Newer user, and not sure that I understand OSCAR. Hear the generic settings should be adjusted but thinking I'm doing ok. The biggest issue has been getting used to the mask. Had a 30-day followup and was basically told looks good see you in a year. Curious if I should make any changes, but don't what I'm looking in OSCAR. 

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User
Good going!! Very low AHI, no large leaks, only 2 obstructive events all night, no hypopnea. Your flow limitations are a little high but not awful. The #1 tool for dealing with flow limits is EPR - Expiratory Pressure Relief. EPR does not work fully unless your minimum is 7. So you might try an experiment setting your minimum to 7, leaving EPR at its present setting of 3, and go with these for several days. Then recheck and see if flow limitations are reduced.
Post Reply Post Reply
The main thing at this point, based on this screenshot is, are you comfortable? 
Most adults find a minimum pressure of 4 cm leaves them starved for air or like they're suffocating. 

If you're comfortable and are sleeping well with these settings, that's great. 
As clownbell mentioned, raising your minimum to utilize EPR may eliminate some flow restrictions. Yours aren't that high, but the machine uses this indicator to adjust pressure.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
        Thank you, Adjust made and much more comfortable using the machine.  Here is the latest chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
@AzJesse -- Wow, great looking charts!  Looks like you are one of the lucky ones who adapt quickly/easily and experience wonderful treatment.  Awesome!

How do you feel? Reduced fatigue? Fewer night-time awakenings?  

Be sure to come back here if you have any issues, the experts can help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,109 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  Long Time User...First Time 'Advanced Detail' User DerekN 25 10,155 08-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Last Post: sleepyhead2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.