Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New User, Some Problems
RE: New User, Some Problems
(08-21-2013, 05:23 AM)ddetrio Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 05:56 PM)Tez62 Wrote:
(08-19-2013, 11:13 AM)mdh235 Wrote: Hi, all. I'm a new (less than 2 weeks) user of CPAP. I use a full face mask, and have some questions.

First, my equipment: ResMed S9 Autoset, Quattro FX mask. ResMed set on auto, 10.6-13. ERA 3.

I've set my hose temp to 77, and played around with the humidity from 3 to 5, but can't say I've noticed any difference.

Ok, now my issues.

1) The first few nights I only woke up once per night. Lately I'm waking up every two hours or so, not much different than before I got the ResMed.

2) My face itches under the mask. A lot. Of course, to scratch means displacing the mask, which I then have to fiddle with to get it to seal again.

Normally my AHI is below 4, and my mask leaks aren't very high.

Is the waking just part of getting used to the system, and has anyone else had itching problems?

That's for reading this. I'm really glad I found this site. It's been 100% more helpful than either the DME or my Doc.

mdh235, welcome, is your face itching from the air blowing on it or from where the cushion rubs agaist your face, if it is the air blowing apart from washing your face before bed there is not much option, you do get used to it over time, if it is from rubbing I use mask liners, you can buy them over the net or I make my own which are a lot cheaper, I can give you the instructions if you want. They stop the cushion from touching directly agaist your skin and help with leaks.

MDH235..I would love instructions on how to make your own liners. I use the Wisp nasal silicone mask and I love it but the silicone really makes me itch, so although I have no "marks" from the mask, I am red where the mask touches my face and I find myself itching at night. I have 3 replacement large nasal mask, so I always have a clean one on and I do wash my face everynight before bed. I do have very sensitive skin and use Johnson's Baby Shampoo to wash everything. I do give my face a break from the Wisp and switch to my Sleepweaver..but the Sleepweaver requires way more adjusting at night but it feels like heaven on my face.
Thanks

ddetrio, welcome, it was me that makes the mask liners myself, here are the instructions, I do use a full face mask, but I think Remzzz's have liners for nasal masks or you could make you own template, hope this helps.

I bought some Remzzz’s mask liners a 6 pack and although they say to only use them once you can wash them and get about 5-6 uses. I then made a template of what I needed from their liners and went to a fabric shop and got 3 ft of 50% cotton/ 50 % poly fabric and cut out my own and they also last 5-6 uses, the next time I bought 3 ft of 50% cotton/ 50 % lycra fabric. That last me about 3 months and costs about ten dollars. No need to do any sewing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 1 76 04-15-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 355 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,196 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 231 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Positional Apnea Problems ggibson 13 1,925 11-20-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Jarlo
  CPAP since March 22, still dealing with aerophagia, wakings, and heart rate problems manacles 16 2,677 10-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: manacles
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 1,042 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.