Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New User-trying to understand, need help!
New User-trying to understand, need help!
This is day eight and for the grace of something within, I am sticking with it but....  I think I have finally dialled in the proper pressure, ramp time and humidity level.   The advice from this site to try a chin strap was pivotal.    My challenge is getting to deep sleep.  Two nights ago I took a sleeping pill just to remember what a really good night of sleep was like.    
Last night - just pooped!   Read for a bit and then get hooked up.   Two and half hours later I am so frustrated 'cause I just can't fall asleep.  I whip off the gear and look at the sleep results - 9.5 events/per hour??   Is this just evidence of my thrashing around versus my apnea/oxygen levels???
After reading for a bit - and tossing around the idea of not getting hooked up, I do get geared up.    The morning sleep report - 7.5 hours, 4.5 events per hour.     Yes, I did fall asleep on that second try but I feel so tired this morning.
Welcome any thoughts here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User-trying to understand, need help!
For some, it does take longer to adapt to masking up and sleeping with something foreign on your face.  

Your AHI is a bit higher than we'd like to see, but to give you accurate advice, we would need to see some data.  

If you're not using OSCAR, now is the time to download it and start monitoring your therapy.   Be sure there is an SD card in your Cpap while you sleep.  Any size will do up to 32gb.

Many of us here have links in our signature lines to guide you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have downloaded OSCAR but will update the data and try to post. Don't understand data at all...appreciate the help. Once I upload the latest onto Oscar, what do I do with it??
Post Reply Post Reply
he last time you used your ResMed AirSense 10 Elite...
was last night (on December 11, 2022)

Your device was on for 7 hours, 39 minutes and 31 seconds.
You had an AHI of 4.31, which is over your 7 day average of 1.47.
Your CPAP device used a constant 8 cmH2O of air
Your average leaks were 1.41 l/min, which is under your 7 day average of 2.18.

This is what I copied and pasted from Oscar
Post Reply Post Reply
Click on Daily and take a screenshot, use F12 on windows, Fn + F12 on a Mac.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for helping send screenshot from Oscar....really want to understand all.  Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 91 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 99 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 272 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 991 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka
Question [CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data 3dkid14 0 254 01-18-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 3dkid14
  Help to understand results, please Olis001 5 428 11-30-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Please help me understand why therapy is not showing results Paradox97 22 1,610 10-04-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Paradox97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.