Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] What's happening in these graphs?
Question 
What's happening in these graphs?
[attachment=9756]
In last night's data I find a spot where Flow Rate drops noticeably and stays that way for something like 45 minutes, then goes back to "normal".
And several other graphs show an offset at the same time. I have no clue what that represents.

I'm attaching a screenshot showing the graphs in question, and would appreciate your thoughts. thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What's happening in these graphs?
Look's like a nice deep sleep period to me. Everything looks like it's steady during that 45 minute time.

I'm probably wrong as usual though.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Could you zoom into that area and show a two minute section of the flow chart also right click the flow heading and turn on the zero line please
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2019, 09:59 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Could you zoom into that area and show a two minute section of the flow chart also right click the flow heading and turn on the zero line please

here ya go...
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at how the leak rate chart plateaus (flat top) for the same time and finally your detail chart. You are mouth breathing.

Try a soft cervical collar loose fitting to keep your chin up. This works on both mouth breathing and positional apnea

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually I have a Respironics chin strap that keeps my jaw pulled up. but it is still possible to open my lips even with the strap set to very tight. I can still open my mouth, it just isn't easy, but I suspect something like that is what is happening.

I recently (Dec 12) switched from a ResMed F20 mask (which I really disliked) to the nasal pillow (P10) and I have mixed feelings about it, too.

On the good side, my AHI has gone down quite noticeably, but on the not-so-good-side, leakage has gone up. I suspect if I could keep the mouth-breathing down things would be good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2019, 12:29 AM)fredex Wrote: Actually I have a Respironics chin strap that keeps my jaw pulled up. but it is still possible to open my lips even with the strap set to very tight. I can still open my mouth, it just isn't easy, but I suspect something like that is what is happening.

I recently (Dec 12) switched from a ResMed F20 mask (which I really disliked) to the nasal pillow (P10) and I have mixed feelings about it, too.

On the good side, my AHI has gone down quite noticeably, but on the not-so-good-side, leakage has gone up. I suspect if I could keep the mouth-breathing down things would be good.

Try a soft loose cervical collar rather than the chin strap it may help reduce the mouth breathing by gently lifting your jaw
Post Reply Post Reply
Even though you may have a leak going it wasn't terrible. Anything under 24 on the leak rate and the machine can still provide adequate treatment. I would second the idea of using a soft cervical collar instead of a chin strap. Chin straps tend to pull back on the jaw which is bad for jaw and can actually create mouth leaks.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 228 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 1,936 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Treatment] What Do My Graphs Mean? | OSCAR TiredTim 27 1,439 02-12-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  'Near-perfect' flowrate graphs CPAPnerd 7 414 02-11-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 236 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
Idea New CPAP Oscar Help Graphs triquetralark482 0 182 02-07-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: triquetralark482
  First time PAP user. Need help interpreting graphs. kayblitz 6 345 02-02-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: kayblitz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.