Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sore around
RE: Sore around
Some people have claimed that the mask can do that. Have you tried nasal pillows?

Odd that the problem just now arose.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2013, 09:12 AM)Karla Wrote: I have had a few rain outs but I can't see that being a problem,

Hi Karla,

I suggest getting a new hose, too. Hose should be replaced occasionally. Maybe bacteria or fungus from inside the hose has infected the skin on your nose.

It is important to keep your hose dry or eventually bacteria and mold will grow inside the hose.

Some folks remove the water container immediately after turning off the machine, and they let the cool down cycle happen without the water container in there, to help the hose dry out more completely. I think that is probably a good idea, but if (as in your case) there is actual rain out (pooled water in the hose), the hose should be completely removed and hung to dry thoroughly each day.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright. So I went back to the DME today and they gave me a full face mask. I got a Phillips Amara.

Notice air that comes out of vent at elbow is lot louder then the nasal mask, but more comfy.

Wired has no filter on mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 421 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore Kathy14225 5 987 10-31-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Pressure sore, bad night with cpap CorgiGiraffe 5 854 06-22-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  airfit P10 sore nose duece12345 13 7,174 02-19-2023, 12:07 AM
Last Post: getzall
  sore throat TaxFreeira 1 574 03-31-2022, 08:51 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP use & acute sore throat MCS2014 3 1,010 03-29-2021, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New User - Sore under nose IntegrityWebDev 8 1,796 02-06-2021, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Coffee Man

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.