Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New, need advice please
Surprised 
New, need advice please
So I picked up a Dreamstation about 2 weeks ago and have been tinkering with it since.  Before that I was using a trial machine from my sleep clinic (a Respironics System One). 

I've been on min 8cm H2O pressure for the last 5 days or so, started off well but over the last 2-3 nights I've been noticing my AHI spiking a fair bit.  Went from 2.7 the first night back up to 6, then 4.4 and now 4.8.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Should I be adjusting my min pressure up?  

A couple of nights I had to wake up because of mask leaks into my eyes hence the broken up sessions if that's of any help.  I think that's under control now at the very least...

If it's of any help as well I'm on c-flex=1 right now.  I do use the humidifier at the lowest temperature and humidity level.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New, need advice please
You could probably go to 10cm on the minimum pressure.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
hi mug3n. going to min 10cm will be instructive to see if your ca's rise. you have a fair number and proportion of ca's, most of which occur under you 95% pressure line. one night you had more ca's than oa's. these may be treatment emergent (complex apnea) since you are still new to cpap. did you have ca's during your sleep study?

if emergent, they may subside after a while.

as they say around here, one of the most consistent things about mixed apnea, if it turns out not to be emergent, is inconsistent results. it's possible your ahi bouncing around might indicate mixed apnea. or it might just mean you haven't found your sweet spot yet. it'll become clearer in time.

members here will guide you to your best outcome either way.
Post Reply Post Reply
not sure if this has something to do with it but I haven't been falling asleep quite as quickly over the last few nights.. which I understand could be driving up the CA events as well since the machine can't discern when you're asleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
could be some of those. something to watch for. last night your first ca occurred 1.5 hours into therapy. no obvious breaks in your sleep so looks like most ca's were well into sleep. OTOH, looks like more ca's in early parts of some sleep segments on other nights so again, something to watch.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 278 1 hour ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 860 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,794 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 78 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 797 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.