Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New or 2ndhand ResMed APAP advice (S8 or Airsense 10)
RE: New or 2ndhand ResMed APAP advice (S8 or Airsense 10)
N30i is a cushion that rests under your nostrils only
P30i is somewhat like P10 just a newer design, it has 2 nasal ports where they rest on each nostril

IMAGES

N30i Nasal Cushion[attachment=20911]P30i Nasal Pillow[attachment=20912]

You can use a mask from another manufacturer than your machine, example your machine is ResMed and mask is Respironics. You cannot mix mask parts between manufacturers however. One exception on that is some AB users have created Frankenstein mixed component masks by themselves and for themselves.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2020, 10:27 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: N30i is a cushion that rests under your nostrils only
P30i is somewhat like P10 just a newer design, it has 2 nasal ports where they rest on each nostril

You can use a mask from another manufacturer than your machine, example your machine is ResMed and mask is Respironics. You cannot mix mask parts between manufacturers however. One exception on that is some AB users have created Frankenstein mixed component masks by themselves and for themselves.

Cool, thanks. The newer pillows definitely. Because I'm a side sleeper, a habit I developed partly to lessen snoring, I think the P30 side tubes might be uncomfortable, or at least would take some getting used to, even if the mask looks more secure. The P10 is the barest minimum, which is attractive, but in turn it could more easily get dislodged. Fortunately it wasn't a problem in my trial once I figured out to feed the tube through the headboard, an old brass bed, which removed the pull on the hose. At first I slept on my back to avoid entanglement, but have found I can manage side sleeping without issues by managing where the hose goes.
The P30i looks something like a cross between Scuba gear and a Cyberman outfit (for those familiar with Doctor Who, the TV show), but that's just a matter of getting used to. The P10 in turn is more like a small elephant outfit.
I'll go for the P10 for now. Maybe down the road I could try the P30 or it's successor.

Thanks for your input.

PS: Watched a couple of Youtube videos. The ones from companies are somewhat general and make it sound you can't change the main settings without the sleep clinician etc, and it sounds like it's related to the insurance companies in the US. I have no insurance, so it's all down to me. Currently watching an interview with a guy called Phil Elmore who wrote a book on CPAP, it's interesting. Along wit this board, I have a bit of reading to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: Currently watching an interview with a guy called Phil Elmore who wrote a book on CPAP, it's interesting.

Quite by coincidence I saw that video yesterday, and have also read the book. It's very good and does cover a lot of the apnea patient experience, both positive and negative. What it doesn't do is recognise that patients can adjust their own therapy, using software like OSCAR to access their data and guidance from forums such as this one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2020, 02:06 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
Quote: Currently watching an interview with a guy called Phil Elmore who wrote a book on CPAP, it's interesting.

Quite by coincidence I saw that video yesterday, and have also read the book. It's very good and does cover a lot of the apnea patient experience, both positive and negative. What it doesn't do is recognise that patients can adjust their own therapy, using software like OSCAR to access their data and guidance from forums such as this one.

No, I noticed that too; he may not be aware, ironic considering the name of his book. Self-managing the machine is the sort of information they won't tell you, and could be very useful to people; it's not just people in the US on private health funds after all. The video's good for making people aware it can be a serious condition, I didn't know until I started researching. It's just snoring, right? The fact your airway can be completely blocked for seconds at the very least is alarming, and many times every night.

Incidentally, since he was recovering from a cold and they discussed if CPAPs could clear a blocked nose, I wonder what happens when I only have a nasal mask and I get a cold, or COVID-19 or something like that which restricts breathing through the nose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 463 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 296 6 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,816 6 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 174 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,802 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.