Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Broke my Resmed 10 autoset
Broke my Resmed 10 autoset
Took my resmed 10 autoset with me traveling for the holidays. First thing I do when I get to my hotel is to set it up. Take out the body and proceed to drop it from standing level straight to the ground.

I move it around a bit and there’s definitely some piece that disconnected inside that is moving around hitting things when I shake the body. But I tests it out and it seems to work fine. 

But tonight I woke up at 5am and something doesn’t feel right. Almost like the F20 was vibrating on my face. So I test out holding my breath and sure enough the whole mask starts to almost like clamp on and off on my face (almost like a strong vibration). And the machine itself is making this kind of “chugchugchugchug” sound. This was strong enough to wake me up. 

So I’m guessing something in the fan is broken. No idea what. Either way I’m P*ssed off at myself for dropping the damn thing. I don’t go to though insurance so I will have to source a brand new machine again on my own. In the mean time I will suffer with some crazy vibrating face mask that wakes me up each time I have an a have apnea. 

Anyone have a similar experience? Are there such thing as as cpap repair shops? Or better off just buying a new one?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Broke my Resmed 10 autoset
Supplier #27 and #28 are repair facilities. Get an estimate. The lowest prices for a new machine are from Supplier #33. You already have some accessories, so you can get the lowest price option. Use coupon code EXTRA3% if you go this route. Sites like Craigslist and OfferUp and Facebook Marketplace often have very good deals on nearly new machines. Use the search term "Resmed Autoset" and verify hours and that the machine has not been in a smoking environment. Even if you get your machine repaired, it is going to take time, and this is an opportunity to get a backup.

My best guess is you dislodged or broke a piece on an internal flow sensor. That may require a new main board which is pretty expensive. I doubt the fan was affected since it is generating flow, but the flow may not be controlled properly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
sent you a pm
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Check out user LSAT on [DME URL removed, instead go to Supplier #1].  He has an almost new Aircurve Vauto at a very attractive price.  Upgrade from your unit and compatible.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think there will be a lot wrong with it, maybe just a sensor pipe out of place.  If you are confident you could have a look or take it for repair.
I would look myself, but I wouldn't advise anyone that has not worked in electronics to have a look.

If you feel confident or buy another machine, you may want to look at the one you have.  Disconnect it from the power first.

https://youtu.be/dpI0AVoCG3M
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 416 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 472 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 594 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question My CMS50I Broke Brewskie 8 292 01-10-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Brewskie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.