Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to CPAP
New to CPAP
[attachment=9802]Hi All

I am new to CPAP and the Apnea Board.  I bought a Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP with humidifier mid December.  I set it up as best I could using Youtube and this blog but would like some additional help with my setup and with reading my data.

Thanks
Dan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP
[attachment=9804]Second Graph
Post Reply Post Reply
First Welcome to the forum.  

Your numbers are good.

It looks like you have a bit of Positional Apnea around 1am as indicated by the cluster of obstructive events. No need to address thins right now but keep an eye on it.  Really could use the events chart.  

Look at the organize link in my signature. that will help you to provide a more useful screenshot.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour

I have included the events graph.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look here http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ata_Charts

How to Order The Data Charts[edit]
The most useful charts for diagnostic purposes are:

• Event Flags

• Flow Rate

• Pressure

• Leak Rate

• Snore

• Flow Limit (Resmed Only. Respironics includes Flow Limitation in Events)
Each chart has a name displayed on it vertically on the left side of the chart.
You can move a chart up or down in the order by pointing your mouse pointer in the label part of the chart, left clicking and dragging up or down to change the order.
The chart height can be resized by pointing your mouse at the border of a graph until the cursor changes to a double bar with an arrow above and below, then dragging the border up or down.

It should look like this

[Image: Sleepyhead_Chart_Overview.png]

And I forgot to ask, How do you feel?

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Fred

Thanks for the help.  I am feeling a bit better since starting to use the machine but still feeling sleepy in the afternoon. I would describe it as not being dysfunctionally exhausted any more but still feeling like it could be better.

I have started sleeping through most nights which is a big improvement.

I have added graphs for another day but can not get the graph size to expand following your instructions.  I am on a Mac so not sure if this has an effect.

Is there anything else you would like to see that I could send separately. As I am using a Dreamstation the Flow Limit is include in the Event graph????

Dan
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.