Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to CPAP/BPAP, New to forum
New to CPAP/BPAP, New to forum
Good morning everyone,
I am new to the forum and to using a BiPap ST, it 1:00 am, several sleepless nights in and looking for any advice. A couple of problems that I have encountered so far are 1: my machine going to exhale before I am done with my inhale, the therapist where I got the machine thinks its in the BPM setting, but I don't think so , it's too random and 2: as soon as I start to drift off the machine sends a burst of air and wakes me up.
Thanks in advance for any advice!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP/BPAP, New to forum
Welcome to apneaboard. Welcome
I am not entirely familiar with the Respironics BiPap ST.
I believe it is a bilevel machine with both a spontaneous (S) and a backup timed (T) rate.
First guess as to issue #1 is the backup timed rate setting. The "T" mode initiates IPAP pressure on a timed rate; and that may be too soon for your breathing pattern. So, I think I'd let the therapist set the timed rate.
Issue #2 is probabaly the same issue as #1. Your natural respiratory rate slows as you enter sleep; and if the timed rate is already too quick, it will be even more out of sync when you initiate sleep.

Best Wishes with your therapy.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tmaul,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions about your machine and much success to you as you continue and get used to your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the advice mongo, I'll let her try the time setting and see how it goes, I'll let you know.
(09-30-2015, 08:46 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Tmaul,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions about your machine and much success to you as you continue and get used to your CPAP therapy.

Thanks Trish,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 222 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  How do I make the case for BPAP? SleepingFish 18 1,291 08-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IVAPS vs Vauto BPAP - Tidal Volume Question cmpman1974 168 9,323 08-08-2023, 09:30 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.