Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far!
Idea 
New to CPAP, Good So Far!
Developed depression in my 20s.  The kind where your sleep patterns are so messed up that you stay up until you pass out, then wake up at 7pm for another round of a wasted day.  Finally got around to getting it diagnosed in my late 30s along with generalized anxiety and I've been slowly chipping away at better overall health since.  Some antidepressants, some Wegovy, a little bit of therapy and (hardly any) exercise later and I'm still struggling with sleep, tiredness, the usual.

Paid out of pocket for a sleep study last month and first night was an AHI of 9.5, second was 15.5. So I gambled on an Airsense 10 and a Dreamwear hybrid mask to see if that helped.

Still trying to get the mask just right. I will probably spring for an AirFit F20 since facial hair and restless sleeping make me feel like I don't get the Dreamwear just right enough.  But overall I've been able to wake up without feeling like I'm exhausted. I don't hit a wall at 11am and 1pm when I'm at work, don't crash for 2 hours during the weekend, don't feel like I'm fighting to stay awake when driving home.

I think it's working!  Now maybe I can get my insurance to pay back some of that out of pocket that got me started.

I'm attaching the last 3 nights, just to make sure I'm not doing anything terrible.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP, Good So Far!
When I was on CPAP, I started out with the AirFit F20. Did fine with it, and then went with an AirFit F30. It was even better. 

Hope that CPAP works out well for you. BTW.....welcome to the best CPAP forum known to man.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP, Good So Far!
Your minimum pressure is too low, try these settings and get back with some follow up OSCAR Reports.

Pressure Minimum:    7.6 cmH2O
Pressure Maximum:  12.0 cmH2O
EPR: on, Full time.
EPR: 2 cmH2O

Your leaks need a little attention, please review the Mask Primer. Be sure to read all the information down to and including "How to achieve the perfect mask fit - GUARANTEED! by Jeffy1958"  Jeffy 1958 did a really good job putting all of the information together. Remember Tighter is not always better when it comes to mask fit.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ask_Primer

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is my sleep data good? phoen1kx 2 99 04-25-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  I was doing good progress but suddenly can't take it anymore Elijah1220 3 205 04-25-2024, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Elijah1220
  Resmed Mini good - Resmed 11 not good r2davis3 2 133 04-23-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Good cervical collar for large (20 inch) necks Fox66 2 79 04-21-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Is my 95% pressure stat good or...? Hone 7 243 04-20-2024, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 6 129 04-20-2024, 03:42 AM
Last Post: erouting
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 229 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.