Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to CPAP, let me have your thoughts on report
New to CPAP, let me have your thoughts on report
Hi,

I am nearly 2 months into my treatment.

Running on a Löwenstein Prisma Smart Max CPAP/APAP. AirTouch F20 mask.

My AHI was 66 during sleep study.

Hospital put me on APAP min. 6 max. 20 pressure. My AHI lowered to around 6, but kept waking up all the time due to high pressure and leaks, when APAP went to a pressure of 20, and felt nearly as bad as before treatment.

Have seen a lot of videos on youtube , and decided to try and swith to CPAP and constant pressure of 10 (no EPR).

I sleep so much better now, but still wake up now and then during the night. Got a hold of the software "PrismaTS" and looking into my reports daily. What a great tool, like OSCAR.

I am thinking of trying to increase pressure slightly by 0,5 and see if I still can manage to improve. I think max could be around 12, if constant pressure and no leaks.

So, all experienced people, what do you think of the result and can I improve more?

BTW: I have ordered a neck band, as my jaw likes to drop and my neck also moves forward. Slight increase in bed angle at upper body.

Thank you all in advance!

Best regards

Rasmus
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP, let me have your thoughts on report
I would say you are about 95% of the way 'there'.  Your AHI is actually enviable for a great many PAP therapy users.  Leaks seem to be controlled, or minimal.  I would like to see fewer hourly arousals, assuming your machine accurately senses and depicts them.  I would strive for no more than one every two or three hours ideally because arousals run a very high risk of disrupting your progression through the stages of sleep and getting back into REM.

I would keep doing what you are doing, and tweaking the settings METHODICALLY (including keeping notes and accurate records of any changes to your therapy and what results from those changes).  A half a cm of H20 for at least two consecutive nights, four would be better, and then try another half-cm.  By being meticulous and patient, you may be able to get some considerable improvements to your sleep AND to how you feel about the quality of rest your machine is providing you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP, let me have your thoughts on report
Thank you for your thoughts on this.
Are my flow limitations acceptable and should small increase in pressure make them less?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,740 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,502 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,562 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 830 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.