Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to all this, trying to make sense and better my treatment
RE: New to all this, trying to make sense and better my treatment
No problem, just take time to get better. There's no point in stressing over therapy when you're sick. Take something for the congestion, but try to continue using Cpap.

I know if I'm not feeling good, my numbers will be all over the place, especially if taking medications.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back on the CPAP the last 2 nights, Also went back to the N20 mask.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Just uploading some more nights worth of data, I don't know if my FL is still concerning, IM back to being pleased with my sleep but if it can get better Im all open to suggestions!

Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI looks great, but Flow Limitations are persistent.  It's been up and down regardless of the EPR setting.   Since you're using the max setting of EPR 3, the only thing we've been trying is to raise the pressure in small increments.  So far, it hasn't made a difference in FL, but never say never!

You seem to be sleeping well, right?  If the Flow Limitations don't bother you or cause arousals during the night, you're doing pretty good.  

If you'd like to try a little higher pressure, try 9.4 - 9.4, EPR 3.   It's up to you.  
Nothing's written in stone... you can always change it back.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good, Ill give the new settings a try for a few nights.

Yes I would say I consider these past few nights being good nights sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Uploading last 3 nights at 9.4, thanks for any input you all may have!

Post Reply Post Reply
The one thing that I've noticed is that your mask leaks coincide (happen at the same time) that the FL rises. I can't say for sure that the FL is a result of the mask leaks.  

Your therapy looks really good otherwise.

You may need to revisit how your mask is fitting.  The spikes on the leak graph usually point to mask movement.  Do you move around much at night or are you adjusting your mask and causing leaks?

I don't recall what other if any masks you've tried.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Dreamweaver and the N20. I do move the mask every know and again to scratch an itch but it doesn't seem to bother me too much.

I think it's med size.
Post Reply Post Reply
past three nights of data.

I know a large mask leak but would I feel these FL? aside from when I have a nose itch or something I always felt there was a decent seal, I do have a beard/mustache facial hair but again don't feel any leaks. I also have been using a newer mask in case the other one was older silicone. 

Any other suggestions? Aside from the FL issues I would assume the other numbers are looking pretty good?

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good except for the spikes on the leak chart, but you're apparently doing that yourself and aware of it.

Are you sleeping well and comfortable with the pressure where it's at?  
Your results have been about the same even at a lower pressure, so keep it where you feel most comfortable even at 9cm or 9.2cm.

Try to keep watch on the mask movement, and if you're not bothered or awakened by the FL, then there's not much else to do.  Only a move to a BiLevel would give more pressure support to help with FL.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 37 7 hours ago
Last Post: TiredTim
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 117 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 209 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 274 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,321 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.