Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to all this, trying to make sense and better my treatment
RE: New to all this, trying to make sense and better my treatment
Thanks for your continued assistance, it means a great deal to me. 

Just curious being its an auto machine that has the ability to "sense" how much pressure is needed, is there a reason you dont suggest a range like setting it 9-9.4? 

Here is the past few nights, seems i am going backwards a bit on the AHI's but I should note that as of Friday I had a surgical procedure so my body is still sore and the act of just breathing in beyond shallow breaths hurts a bit but I still feel like im getting decent sleep.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
No reason not to try it. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still going with the recommended settings by everyone here. I think the FL you keep seeing may just be something I have to live with until I can afford another mask perhaps, I need a larger one but I do seem to still awaken refreshed in the morning. 

Any suggestions on the settings or do you all think we are good on that for now. once you have settings dialed in are they generally "set" for a while or is there some point that you want to adjust them again, i.e. your OSA gets better or worse, what would indicate your apnea is getting better, just multiple nights of 0 events or is that more indicative of perfect settings?

Thanks to everyone again for your continued patience/help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Still around and, using the setting from here, just posting my last 3 nights one thing I don't know if we discussed, I wonder if the flow issues that were always discussed may be connected to having facial hair like a mistake.

Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings everyone! I just wanted to come in with an update, I have been using the 9.4 setting since February. I am curious to know when I should consider adjusting the settings again. My AHI was in the .13's but they have gone up a bit  to .3. I don't know is that is still considered good or not!

I never did figure out the leak rate issue, I assume it may be connected to the bit of mustache I have perhaps?

Anyway posting below the past 3 nights to get any input that you may have.  I do find some nights before falling asleep its like the pressure is not high enough and im struggling to breath but again once asleep seems to go ok. 

I did want to mention I have also begun wearing a Garmin smartwatch at night which does have a pulse oximeter function, any data I should be keeping my eye on from that aspect?

As always thank you to everyone who continues to provide guidance for me on this!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 142 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 120 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 225 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,062 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 633 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] TiredFGO - Treatment Thread TiredFGO 1 126 03-30-2024, 07:11 PM
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 143 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.