Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to the CPAP experience - questions
RE: New to the CPAP experience - questions
I appreciate all the insight. The pressure is still 'high' for me, but I think I'm 'kind of' getting used to it though sleeping with the CPAP on for more than 5 hours is challenging. I tend to wake up a couple times, and then after I'm at 5 hours feel I deserve a 'break' and take it off for the last 2 hours. I'd like to get away from doing this and will continue to work towards doing it right.

I'm going to take the advice and change my machine to 'auto' today and see how it goes. I'm posting my most recent chart here from last night, and then will post the new one after I switch it to auto to do a comparison. Thank you again all.

http://imgur.com/a/IbbkS

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to the CPAP experience - questions
(10-18-2016, 04:46 PM)DynamicMaroonPenguin1961 Wrote: I appreciate all the insight. The pressure is still 'high' for me, but I think I'm 'kind of' getting used to it though sleeping with the CPAP on for more than 5 hours is challenging. I tend to wake up a couple times, and then after I'm at 5 hours feel I deserve a 'break' and take it off for the last 2 hours. I'd like to get away from doing this and will continue to work towards doing it right.

Don't beat yourself up about your "failures". "Failure" is just another word for "learning". Understand what you have achieved already, be proud of it, and plan to do better tomorrow. Remember that success is always built on failure.

CPAP is a journey. Setbacks and sidetracks will happen, but don't treat them as a big deal, simply go on with the journey and you'll arrive eventually, perhaps sooner than you expect, or maybe later. But stay on the road and you'll get there.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 220 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 383 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 179 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 156 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 252 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 455 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 155 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.