Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: unsure - full face
Humidifier: built in
CPAP Pressure: 14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: New to the CPAP experience - questions
I appreciate all the insight. The pressure is still 'high' for me, but I think I'm 'kind of' getting used to it though sleeping with the CPAP on for more than 5 hours is challenging. I tend to wake up a couple times, and then after I'm at 5 hours feel I deserve a 'break' and take it off for the last 2 hours. I'd like to get away from doing this and will continue to work towards doing it right.

I'm going to take the advice and change my machine to 'auto' today and see how it goes. I'm posting my most recent chart here from last night, and then will post the new one after I switch it to auto to do a comparison. Thank you again all.

http://imgur.com/a/IbbkS
10-18-2016 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
eseedhouse Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: SimPlus
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 7-10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Also on supplemental O2 at 3L/min. while sleeping.

Sex: Male

RE: New to the CPAP experience - questions
(10-18-2016 04:46 PM)DynamicMaroonPenguin1961 Wrote:  I appreciate all the insight. The pressure is still 'high' for me, but I think I'm 'kind of' getting used to it though sleeping with the CPAP on for more than 5 hours is challenging. I tend to wake up a couple times, and then after I'm at 5 hours feel I deserve a 'break' and take it off for the last 2 hours. I'd like to get away from doing this and will continue to work towards doing it right.

Don't beat yourself up about your "failures". "Failure" is just another word for "learning". Understand what you have achieved already, be proud of it, and plan to do better tomorrow. Remember that success is always built on failure.

CPAP is a journey. Setbacks and sidetracks will happen, but don't treat them as a big deal, simply go on with the journey and you'll arrive eventually, perhaps sooner than you expect, or maybe later. But stay on the road and you'll get there.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
10-18-2016 08:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Questions for anyone who has tried Transcend Mini Auto CPAP rdavis 3 242 11-04-2016 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My Experience and Some Questions Lourens1190 7 372 10-14-2016 04:19 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
Question 109AHI, starting 2nd week on CPAP, have some questions toinewi 38 2,438 10-14-2016 06:19 AM
Last Post: JaneAM
  UARS - ENT Recommended Septoplasty/Turbinate Reduction....experience? LB1982 11 456 09-30-2016 09:09 AM
Last Post: richb
  [CPAP] new CPAP patient: air pressure questions giftofsleep 6 510 09-21-2016 12:00 AM
Last Post: chill
  High Altitude experience with Dreamstation APAP. NorthernGuy 6 515 08-31-2016 08:52 PM
Last Post: NorthernGuy
  [Equipment] Experience with lighter CPAP machines for travel? jrolli1509 2 1,427 07-15-2016 03:43 PM
Last Post: Grover64