Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to the Forum - Please help Review OSCAR chart
New to the Forum - Please help Review OSCAR chart
Happy Sunday.
I'm new to the forum and appreciate all the help forum members consistently provide for each other. As a newbie, I've learned so much from everyone here. I've been on CPAP therapy for the past month and would like some feedback on my most recent OSCAR data. I've been prescribed a static pressure of 8 by my physician but I've been tweaking it (rather cluelessly Unsure ) the past few days. I'm currently using the ResMed AirTouch F20 full face mask with the AirSense 10 AutoSet.

Thank you so very much in advance. Have a wonderful day,

Kindest regards.

Sino

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to the Forum - Please help Review OSCAR chart
Hi Sino,
Welcome to the forum.  In reviewing your data, first, your leaks look very good - the occasional spike will happen, but isn't significant.  I still see some tendency toward obstruction - I won't be surprised if a small increase in pressure could reduce the flow limits and obstructive events (OAs and hypopneas).  However, it will be needful to watch the CAs, as increased pressure can increase the CAs.  If the CAs become more of an issue, it could help to reduce EPR from 3 down to 2.  Keep in mind that CAs tend to be inconsistent, so it is usually goodl to wait a few days to see if a trend develops .  Overall, it looks like you're off to a very good start.

Good luck on your journey.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
I notice you reached your maximum pressure during the night. If you cautiously increase your pressure a bit, you might find your sweet spot. Your clear airways could be central or SWJ (sleep/wake junk). How did you sleep? Did you rouse a lot during your sleep?

I was surprised you had EPR at 3 as your pressures were relatively low. Do you need that much EPR?

And most important. How do you feel?
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate the input from you both! I did feel as if I woke up more than usual during this time. I'll adjust the max pressure slightly and will report back. Thanks again.

Take care.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you need to reduce the EPR TO 1. Your centrals are your largest events.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. I think you probably are going to need to shift both low and high pressure limits. A few apnea are still getting in and you're maxing the pressure available. I'd bump both by 1 and see what that yields. We may need to repeat again but regardless of what pressure you change, we can revisit daily as needed till you're dialed in to get it done quickly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Day 2.  Increased low to 9.2 and high to 11.2.  Dropped EPR level to 1.
Feel similar to yesterday.  

Again thanks for the input from everyone!  Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Well numbers are better - centrals were cut in half with the drop of EPR.  The Obstructive events stayed the same - You need to go up more on the top number to cut them down. It is at 11.2.  I would move it to 12.6 or 13 to see if that is enough.  You are still bumping up to the max (11.2) so again it needs to be raised.

You will not feel better right away, it takes time and we have not got to the right settings yet.  I hope tonight is better!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, agree on bumping the max to 13. It won't go there unless it needs to. Let's see how that affects therapy. Include if you're feeling better during and after therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Day (Night) 3 - increased max pressure to 13

Felt slightly better however was still restless overnight.
Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 235 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 52,998 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 503 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.