Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New to the Forum - Please help Review OSCAR chart
RE: New to the Forum - Please help Review OSCAR chart
Only one central!  But as you said it is bumping on the high pressure so we need to raise it again +2. We need to look at centrals with this setting because we are not increasing the min and a larger gap from min to max could make more centrals.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks in advance to everyone on the board.

Day/Night 4.
Increased the Max Pressure to 15.  Had one bathroom break which I usually don't do.  Felt like I was awake more, possibly adjusting to the higher pressure.  Thoughts?  Any input, as always is appreciated.

Have a wonderful day.

Sino

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think your feeling like you were awake more is having to do with flow limits.  Take a look at the Flow limit chart.  Flow limits are smaller obstructions.  Flow limits are from 0-50 % closed, you can see what % each limitation is by its height.  Yours are not large but you have many of them and that can disturb sleep.  So to help with that I would suggest you move the min number not much but up to 9.8 and the Epr to 2.  

We are running a risk of more centrals but they have seemed to be calmed down with only 1 each night.  If this setting brings on more then you would need to go back to 1.

So your settings would be Max=15  Min=9.8 Epr=2

That should bring down the Flow limits and also get rid of a few Hypopnea.  And you can get use to the higher max...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Day/Night 5
Min 9.8 Max 15 EPR 2...
Felt like i slept better Fingers crossed...
Thanks again for all the help

Post Reply Post Reply
Not much changed.  The good is no more Centrals that before, the bad the flow limits are still high.  It looks like a couple of places you did not have enough high pressure.  I would suggest a little more at each pressure.  Low=10.2 High=15.4 And EPR=3  I think that those may be about the best we can do but we will see what it looks like tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Day/Night 6...
Max 15.4, Min 10.2, EPR 3

Really appreciate everyone's opinion.
Happy Friday!!  Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you have cut your events in half!   But your majority are full obstructions (largest see the bottom of this post).  So we need to move the pressure up a little.  Min was 10.2 I would suggest 11 and the max was 15.4 again I would suggest 17.  Remember you have the EPR set to 3 so the min will really be 8 and you will not get to the max unless you need to.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks acceptable what I'm seeing. Was the therapy good or not? About this stage in use and adjustments, typically now we suggest only adjusting for need, as in issues, complaints, symptoms. To do so, answer "how do you feel during or after therapy?".
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Day/Night 7
Happy Halloween!!

Max Pressure @ 17 
Min Pressure @ 11
EPR @ 3

Thanks staceyburke & Dave.
I'm actually feeling relatively after sleeping in today.  For some reason I had a ton of leaks with a mask I've not had prior problems with (used a relatively new 3 day old AirTouch F20 cushion). My kiddo woke up during the cessation of data last night. If I'm interpreting the OSCAR data appropriately, i don't need the Max pressure at 17?

Again you are all amazing on this forum and I appreciate the help.

Be well.
Sino

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm thinking the main reason to lower Max pressure is if you need to limit it for some disturbance reason or aerophagia/air swallowing avoidance. I think you may want to keep it as is just in case the PAP encounters a need to increase it there. Your max this post shows about 13. Even so, there could be need for 17 that could be encountered. I'd only suggest lowering pressure if you were being disturbed by unnecessary high pressures, and that's not what you have, at least not on this OSCAR.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 235 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 97 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 52,996 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 503 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.