Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New user looking for feedback/advice
New user looking for feedback/advice
New user and first post.

Thanks to those that manage this forum and for the advice given.

I have been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea after an initial sleep study, which showed that I was stopping breathing for ~10 secs every 30 secs at times and my O2 levels were cycling between 84% and 90% during these times.

I have now completed a titration study using a nose mask and chin strap (once it was realised I was mouth breathing). With a pressure range of ~6 to ~15 mmH2O, varied depending on my sleeping position, my respiration rate was normal and my O2 levels were steady at 93%. 

At home I've decided to use a DreamWear Full Face CPAP Mask to avoid needing to use a chin strap.

My first night's OSCAR results are attached (Note: the first 4 hours are missing as I only realised I didn't have the SD in when I got up to go to the bathroom during the night).

I would appreciate any feedback on these results and recommendations to change settings.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user looking for feedback/advice
Welcome to the forum

You have a lot of Flow Limits and RERAs happening.  The definition of RERAs is a series of flow limits ending in arousal.
To resolve these I'd increase your min pressure to 10.

Ramp.  Very few experienced users use a ramp.  Set your ramp pressure somewhere in the 6-8 range an minimize the length of the ramp.  Better, turn the ramp off.  Events are not reported during the ramp and until you reach your therapeutic pressures you are not being fully treated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've made the following changes
  • Auto min pressure to 10
  • Ramp turned off
  • Changed to C-Flex setting 1
Feedback appreciate on the attached screenshot

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like you to repeat these settings again,
At 04:40 you had a group of obstructive event, OA and H that are over half of the nights total.

And tell us critically how do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights results attached.

I've now turned Flex off.

For a few nights I was having trouble keeping the mask in place and was walking up with leaks. I put this down to my mouth opening and moving the mask down from under my nose.

I tried a chin strap but found that interfered with the mask. So am now trying taping my mouth, which seems to be working well and I don't notice any leaks.

I've preferred side sleeping (at least to go to sleep), but before CPAP my wife would always wake me up if I was on my back and snoring (usually loud). I think I've been tucking my chin and have swapped to a lower height pillow, but may need to to try a neck brace.

My wife isn't noticing any snoring or at least it isn't waking her up.

I'm not aware of any disruptions to my sleep and am waking up feeling better than usual.

Saturday morning here, so I'll see how the next few nights go.

Thanks for your ongoing feedback and support.

Post Reply Post Reply
Zoomed graphs showing OA's and Hypopneas.

Post Reply Post Reply
Events are clustered. I think changes in settings will have less effect than dealing with the positional apnea. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

If you don't want to go to a collar, just raise minimum pressure by 2 cm.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 850 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,778 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 234 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.