Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airtouch N20 versus F20
Resmed Airtouch N20 versus F20
Since mid 2020 I had ben using the Airtouch F20 with what I regarded as reasonable success and felt no need to change this.  However, a few months back I started to get problems with the foam splitting at the bridge of my nose.  I got replacements from my supplier but the trouble continued and the unreliability caused me to look elsewhere.  So I have been trying out the nasal n20 mask with the airtouch foam cushion.

What I have found has confused me.  With the F20 mask leaks were pretty minimal. The AHI  results were generally okay - normally under 2. The N20 has been a different story.  I am getting significant leaks, probably from the mouth, often going over the redline for 5% or more of the night.  This can been improved a little using a chin strap, and even more using a soft neck collar.  But the interesting thing is that I have been getting nights with little or none apneas or even hypos.  Even when I get large leaking, I can often get an AHI of 0.  The only issue I have is that the high leaks sometimes wakes me up!

Is seems contradictory but I seem to get more such events with the mask that fits me well. And with the mask that gives me a lot of leaks I get very few such events.  Can anyone suggest what is going on?

The CPAP is not missing events - looking at a the Oscar traces suggests they are just very rare! A screenshot of a typical n20 night is attached. I was using a chin strap on this night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 609 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
  Beard with a full mask AirTouch F20 resmed Slopey 5 1,103 09-09-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: NorthCoastLocal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.