Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New user of airfit-p10
New user of airfit-p10
Hello,

I use it for about two weeks a new mask : airfit-p10.

Since I use this mask , I have kept the same pressure but I changed the setting for the type of mask. My Cpap is a AutoSetTM S9 with H5i. I have trouble sleeping and in the morning I have a bad back. I also noticed that my mask is sometimes too wet . Sometimes there is water in the mask. I would appreciate any advice regarding the use of this type of mask . I decided to use this type of mask because I have a beard. There is no leak but I do not sleep better.

Help me!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user of airfit-p10
It sounds like your humidifier may be set too high, and you are experiencing "rainout"

You can also try using a hose cozy or any hose cover.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My setting is : Humidity = 1.0 and Temperature = 24 celcius.

If i have too much humidity i can get bad back at morning ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bennyboy,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might try a hose cover to prevent rainout in the hose.
You can make one by cutting the toes out of old worn out socks, and sewing them together, making a tube out of them,to fit over your hose.
Put a rubberband on each end to hold it in place.
or you can get a hose cover at CPAP suppliers, check the suppliers list here on the board, at the top of each page.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2015, 03:05 PM)bennyboy Wrote: My setting is : Humidity = 1.0 and Temperature = 24 celcius.

If i have too much humidity i can get bad back at morning ?

You should see your doctor for your back problems.
Don't see what a bad back has to do with humidity. Thinking-about
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidity problem start when I start using my new mask type. Before nasal pillow I used nasal mask. Tonight I will disable the humidity option. I think my back problem is about the pillow mask. I think the pressure do something on my back. If i sleep without my cpap my back don't hurt. If I decrease the pressure I see the number of apnee increase but my back hurt less. Someone else have back problem because of the pressure ??

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I switch my cpap pressure from 12 to autoset 10 - 15 and my back hurt less this morning. I also deactivate my humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2015, 08:29 AM)bennyboy Wrote: I switch my cpap pressure from 12 to autoset 10 - 15 and my back hurt less this morning. I also deactivate my humidifier.

Are you sleeping on your back? It's possible that you are trying to stay in one position too long.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2015, 09:17 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 08:29 AM)bennyboy Wrote: I switch my cpap pressure from 12 to autoset 10 - 15 and my back hurt less this morning. I also deactivate my humidifier.

Are you sleeping on your back? It's possible that you are trying to stay in one position too long.

I sleep principaly on my back but I move right and left sometime during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find my one shoulder and one hip will bother me a lot if I have enough arousals to wake me up more than once. I figure it has something to do wi th my body tensing up. YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,624 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,627 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,501 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,930 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,279 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,718 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 359 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.