Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Newbie
Sad 
Hi. I've had resmed Lumia 100 since March having a sleep study at Brompton as I have been getting bad headaches and not sleeping. I can be a2sje until 3am. My SD card has stopped working this month. My clinical nurse Debbie has come out and blood gases and data look good. Sats avout 80% not bad for me. I have Tretalogy of fallot and other health problems. I've used this machine with oxygen as I was getting bad headaches that lasted all day. Sleep study with air and oxygen was more level. Half the night with air and oxygen the other with oxygen. I seem to be going backwardswith the air machine as I am getting annoyed with it, mostly using full face mask but have tried Basel one to. It's 2.am in the UK and I'm wide awake. Thr nost i have is sboyt 2 hours then i need the loo abd in the morning's it's a total of 5 hours. Ive had my pressures changed and I use a humidifier as more comfortable about 5. My sats are mid 70's to mid 80's. I also have Pulmonary Hypertension. I tbought by now I might see some improvement in me sleeping through the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie
it takes a standard sd card, from a camera etc. you probably have one around the house.
download the sleepyhead program, that you will find in the signature of some posters.
get some charts up and get some advice, to discuss with your doctor

It's a bit confusing to me, have they got you on O2 as well now, or just vpap air? going by your disease list, I would think you need O2 as well.

you can get a 24hr o2 monitor, for 40 quid off ebay from china, search cms-50f
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie
Hi Sleep1ngb3auty16,
Welcome! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and I wish you good luck with CPAP therapy and getting used to it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 91 Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 439 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 236 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 268 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 332 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  BiPap Newbie - struggling McMartin 6 362 02-01-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.