Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Newbie - CPAP Settings
Newbie - CPAP Settings
Good Morning all from a sunny South Africa.
Great forum guys!

After completing a sleep study and with an AHI of 79 I took delivery of my DeVilbiss Sleepcube CPAP Auto adjust a week ago.

Over the last week the stats are as follows:
95th Percentile Pressure : 11.5
90th Percentile Pressure : 10.5
AHI : 14.5
Non-Obstructive Index : 6.5
Exhale Puff Index : 4

My machine is set to Minimum pressure of 6 and maximum of 14
and I wear a full face mask

My problem is that the blower is so forceful during the night that it wakes me up (too much pressure) and I have to turn the CPAP off and back on. My question is twofold - why is this happening and is my machine set correctly? Huh

Best Regards
Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie - CPAP Settings
Hello Racman

Welcome to the forum

What was the recommended CPAP setting from your sleep study?

Looking at your results I would raise the minimum pressure to at least 9 and not worry about the maximum at this point - set it as high as you want. The Devilbiss might take time to respond to apnea events so the closer you get to your 90% pressure the better.

Is Exhale puff relief actually some sort of exhalation pressure relief?

I don't know much about full face masks but how they are set/tightened can make a difference.

So that the real aficionados can comment download the Sleepyhead software and post some results. All the info about this is at the top of the home page.

Best wishes for your therapy and keep talking to us so we can help you. There are some amazingly knowledgeable people on this forum who can provide some great advice
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Racman,

I have the Devillbiss Sleepcube Standard plus. In the manual on page EN - 7 "Using The Smartflex Feature" gives instructions about how to turn the SmartFlex Feature on and set the exhale relief pressure! Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Gordo
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Racman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the responses - much appreciated

@Holden4th - I do not have the data module on my CPAP so I can unfortunately not make use of the Sleepyhead software
I make use of a report generator supplied on the intellipap website, which makes use of the SmartCodes
Exhale puff is the events per hour where you breath through the nose and exhale through the mouth

@Gordo - Many thanks. I increased the minimum pressure to 9 as suggested and it made a huge difference AHI dropped to 6.5

@trish6hundred - Many thanks, I must admit it puts me more at ease to know there such a huge pool of intellects on this forum

Best regards
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 396 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 196 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 489 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 231 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 274 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.