Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Newbie - Questions about my CPAP I will be getting tomorrow
RE: Newbie - Questions about my CPAP I will be getting tomorrow
Excellent, nice machine, should do you well. Let us know how the first night goes. Best wishes on the machine, and the treatment!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Eson nasal is what I was just switched too. Have it in two days from now. If its anything like its big brother FFM the Simplus its a great mask. The Simplus is hands down the most comfortable best sealing FFM I have tried.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't forget to update your data to the left with your new machine and mask info Smile

Some folks love a ramp, and others do not - it can be turned off if you decide you dislike it. Be aware, during the ramp period, the machine will not make any changes, even if you should need them.

Tons of basic info you may or may not know - like soaking your tank in hot water mixed with vinegar will get smells out and help remove any scale/gunk. If your bed has a headboard, many people like looping their hose over the back of the headboard (from the back to the front) to help manage the hose.

Can't wait to read about your first night - wonder if you'll get all night with the mask on, or will give up in 2-4hrs?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2014, 12:31 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: The Eson nasal is what I was just switched too. Have it in two days from now. If its anything like its big brother FFM the Simplus its a great mask. The Simplus is hands down the most comfortable best sealing FFM I have tried.

I've been using my Eson nasal mask for a week now and for me it's been Most excellent!!, fit and feel is good and my numbers have been wonderful! AHI have not been over a 1 for the week!, leaks are minimal.
Hope it will work well for you too!
Mr. Van Winkle
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Amie87,

I am just a bit over a month in to CPAP therapy but I can tell you I noticed an immediate improvement in my ability to get going in the morning and especially with my ability to get through the afternoon, even after a big lunch, without that overwhelming tiredness that used to be a daily thing.

I now find that I can focus better during the day, flop around a lot less at night, and no longer drool out my mouth which apparently used to just hang open all night (which it no longer does).
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2014, 03:47 PM)Slick7533 Wrote: Welcome Amie87,

I am just a bit over a month in to CPAP therapy but I can tell you I noticed an immediate improvement in my ability to get going in the morning and especially with my ability to get through the afternoon, even after a big lunch, without that overwhelming tiredness that used to be a daily thing.

I now find that I can focus better during the day, flop around a lot less at night, and no longer drool out my mouth which apparently used to just hang open all night (which it no longer does).

I'm really excited to reap these benefits :p. I'm always tired during the day, and I've found over the past couple years its been getting harder to remember things, I'm more forgetful, and at school it's hard to remember things that I fully understood just the previous month! I was blaming it partly on not being a teen anymore, and partly on the fact that I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but part of me is keeping my fingers crossed that some of my symptoms will be alleviated soon Tongue.

Also, the machine records the number of times it senses you've stopped breathing. (Probably not as accurate as a sleep study) but either way, it'll be nice to give an idea. My sleep study was 21, and this morning ResMed said it was around 6.5. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your lack of concentration might be attributed to your over use of emoticons.... Dielaughing Tongue Wink Big Grin

So how did teh first night go?? Was it Smile or Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Even with the "dishwashable" or "cleanable" tank, it's a good idea to use distilled water if it's convenient.

How hard is it to get distilled water in your area? Around here, it's under one dollar for a gallon at the local grocery stores.

If you use tap water, be sure to dump the water and rinse the tank every morning. The reason is that as the water evaporates, whatever crud is in the tap water gets concentrated and can build up in the tank. leaving a crust in the tank, growing germs, and smelling bad.

However, in areas of the world without cheap, easily obtainable, distilled water, tap water is OK.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2014, 11:40 PM)Galactus Wrote: I think your lack of concentration might be attributed to your over use of emoticons.... Dielaughing Tongue Wink Big Grin

So how did teh first night go?? Was it Smile or Sad

Hahaha, yeah I do love emoticons. lol.

And my first night was good. I didn't manage to get a full 7 hours with the machine, but it doesn't seem like it will be that difficult getting use to. I'm sure in a few days I'll be golden! I was very excited that I felt like a slept most of the night after only a few hours, but unfortunately I dozed back off and overslept about 5 hours without the mask and it made me feel groggy. I usually have an alarm but I didn't set it last night, I'll make sure I do it tonight for sure.

Quote:Posted by archangle - Today 12:20 AM
Even with the "dishwashable" or "cleanable" tank, it's a good idea to use distilled water if it's convenient.

How hard is it to get distilled water in your area? Around here, it's under one dollar for a gallon at the local grocery stores.

If you use tap water, be sure to dump the water and rinse the tank every morning. The reason is that as the water evaporates, whatever crud is in the tap water gets concentrated and can build up in the tank. leaving a crust in the tank, growing germs, and smelling bad.

However, in areas of the world without cheap, easily obtainable, distilled water, tap water is OK.

It's not hard and the cost isn't an issue, its more or less a pain in the but lugging water home because I use public transit and it's an 8 min walk to the bus stop, and about the same for walking from the bus to the grocery store, so more or less just a hassle. If I drove, I'd probably just buy the really large jugs. Last night I used bottled spring water since I had a big jug for my coffee maker (long story, but i got a new coffee maker and the coffee was tasting weird so I wanted to see if it's the tap water or coffee maker. It's the tap water. I think it's possible hard.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm very happy for you, glad you got a good nights sleep, and happy to hear that you're doing well. And look at that, not 1 single emoticon, you must be doing awesome, lol. So not only did you get a great machine, and a great mask, you also were lucky enough to find the best apnea board with the best people to help and support you. Best with your therapy, sleep well, feel better, and keep up the good work.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 159 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 386 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 132 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 191 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 484 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.